What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Dolphins @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 11: Wests Tigers v Dolphins

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Dolphins 1-12

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Dolphins 13+

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2024 - Round 11
Wests Tigers v Dolphins
Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal (TICKETS)

Sunday 19 May 2024
NRL Kickoff 6:25pm.

Broadcast live on Fox, Kayo.

WESTSTIGERS2024.png

1. Jahream Bula 2. Charlie Staines 3. Brent Naden 4. Justin Olam 5. Solomon Alaimalo 6. Lachlan Galvin 7. Jayden Sullivan 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Samuela Fainu 12. Alex Seyfarth 13. Alex Twal 14. Jake Simpkin 15. Fonua Pole 16. Asu Kepaoa 17. Sione Fainu 18. Tallyn Da Silva 19. Solomona Faataape 20. Alexander Lobb 21. Kit Laulilii 22. Tony Sukkar

Out: Starford To'a (centre), John Bateman (second row), Isaiah Papali'i (lock)
In: Solomon Alaimalo (wing), Asu Kepaoa (bench), Sione Fainu (bench), Tallyn Da Silva (reserve), Solomona Faataape (reserve), Alexander Lobb (reserve), Kit Laulilii (reserve), Tanous Sukkar (reserve)
Changes: Brent Naden (wing to centre), Alex Twal (bench to lock), Alex Seyfarth (bench to second row)

DOLPHINS2024.png

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Jake Averillo 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Jack Bostock 6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Isaiya Katoa 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Mark Nicholls 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Euan Aitken 13. Kenny Bromwich 14. Josh Kerr 15. Kurt Donoghoe 16. Ray Stone 17. Connelly Lemuelu 18. Trai Fuller 19. Sean O'Sullivan 20. Jarrod Wallace 21. Edrick Lee 22. Oryn Keeley

Out: Max Plath (lock)
In: Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (fullback), Kenny Bromwich (lock), Sean O'Sullivan (reserve), Jarrod Wallace (reserve), Edrick Lee (reserve), Oryn Keeley (reserve)
Changes: Trai Fuller (fullback to reserve), Felise Kaufusi (front row to second row), Connelly Lemuelu (second row to bench), Mark Nicholls (bench to front row)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Drew Oultram, Todd Smith
Video Referee: Kasey Badger

HEAD TO HEAD - 2023 - 2024​

TOTALWESTS TIGERSDOLPHINSDRAWN
ALL MATCHES2110
SUNCORP1010

LAST TWO MEETINGS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2023Round 25WESTS TIGERS 24-23CommBank9245
2024Round 5DOLPHINS 26-16Suncorp22051

NEXT FOUR MATCHES​

Round 12Round 13Round 14Round 15
WESTS TIGERSNORTH QLD (A)(BYE)ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA (A)GOLD COAST (H)
DOLPHINSWARRIORS (A)CANBERRA (H)(BYE)CRONULLA (A)

LAST THREE MATCHES​

Round 8Round 9Round 10
WESTS TIGERSBRISBANEL 10-34CANTERBURYL 14-22NEWCASTLEL 14-20
DOLPHINSNEWCASTLEL 14-18NORTH QLDW 28-26MANLYW 30-24

STATE OF PLAY: 2024 SEASON​

POSITIONPLAYEDBYESW-L-DFORAGAINST
WESTS TIGERS15th912-7-0133202
DOLPHINS4th916-3-0242185

Last edited:

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
1. Jahream Bula 2. Charlie Staines 3. Brent Naden 4. Justin Olam 5. Solomon Alaimalo 6. Lachlan Galvin 7. Jayden Sullivan 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Samuela Fainu 12. Alex Seyfarth 13. Alex Twal

14. Jake Simpkin 15. Fonua Pole 16. Asu Kepaoa 17. Sione Fainu

18. Tallyn Da Silva 19. Solomona Faataape 20. Alexander Lobb 21. Kit Laulilii 22. Tony Sukkar

Out: Starford To'a (centre), John Bateman (second row), Isaiah Papali'i (lock)
In: Solomon Alaimalo (wing), Asu Kepaoa (bench), Sione Fainu (bench), Tallyn Da Silva (reserve), Solomona Faataape (reserve), Alexander Lobb (reserve), Kit Laulilii (reserve), Tanous Sukkar (reserve)
Changes: Brent Naden (wing to centre), Alex Twal (bench to lock), Alex Seyfarth (bench to second row)

Tigerm

First Grade
Not much we can do, I guess, but this side doesn’t inspire confidence.
I can’t not back em, so us by 1.
Alaimalo had a good game in cup, so he may have his confidence up.
Bud played OK imo, so hopefully he continues.
Sione Fainu on the bench, can’t recall seeing him play tbh.

Fordy20

Juniors
Given how light on we are with edge forwards, it would be handy to have Blore right now. Interesting to see both Kepaoa and Fainu on the bench. This could be a chance for Sione to put his hand up to move up the pecking order of the middles.

I reckon we could spring an upset here. This is exactly the type of game where the opposition, after having an easy win over us earlier in the year, could completely take us lightly, and cost themselves the game.

Nutz

Bench
I reckon we could spring an upset here. This is exactly the type of game where the opposition, after having an easy win over us earlier in the year, could completely take us lightly, and cost themselves the game.
I like it DOM but the Dolphins are coached by Bennett. I went and watched us play them at Suncorp not long ago and we were found wanting with a better side.
These losses, holes in the roster and injuries will be a big test for our inexperienced coach. Fronting the media week after week is going to give us an insight to his coaching ability and resolve.

I like it DOM but the Dolphins are coached by Bennett. I went and watched us play them at Suncorp not long ago and we were found wanting with a better side.
These losses, holes in the roster and injuries will be a big test for our inexperienced coach. Fronting the media week after week is going to give us an insight to his coaching ability and resolve.
Mate I don't think we actually have any chance of winning. Im just looking for a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow that doesn't exist.

Nutz

Bench
I’m glad our game is the last game, at least I’ll be able to enjoy the weekend until we play.
I hope the boys strap their ankles, 16 teams running around on it and the girls SOO. It's been raining up here so that won't help.
Generally though, Suncorp is an incredible pitch and hold up ok.
I'll ask the boys at the meet and greet at the Town Hall if they have a game plan, like hiding in one of the huge divots.

Nutz

Bench
I hope the boys strap their ankles, 16 teams running around on it and the girls SOO. It's been raining up here so that won't help.
Anyone noticing the chunks of turf being ripped up after 5min play. It's been raining heaps but the ground looks good...however the water is still just under the surface.
If it keeps raining it will be interesting to see what condition the pitch will be in on Sunday for our game.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Anyone noticing the chunks of turf being ripped up after 5min play. It's been raining heaps but the ground looks good...however the water is still just under the surface.
If it keeps raining it will be interesting to see what condition the pitch will be in on Sunday for our game.

hopefully its cut up and a bog, might give us a chance.

Tigerm

First Grade
hopefully its cut up and a bog, might give us a chance.
I honestly think buckleys has a better chance, even if we were playing against 10 men.
They have shown they can beat good teams.
And once again, while we are playing better than previous years, we just seem to have lost the will to win, again.
I wish someone could work out what the problem is.
There’s no excuses, the club has changed everything, but we’ve beaten ourselves in a lot of these games more than the opposition beating us.
Once again, we look to next year, already.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

A few changes from last week, but not many, I'm buggered why we are so shit.
Probably being a bit harsh, we haven't been getting flogged, but losing by not many is still losing, when you've lost the last 6 in a row.
Benji blaming himself? Hard to blame someone not on the field imo.
Api's 200th and it's Sione Fainu's debut game both are not good omens for us.
I can't see a win, but I live in hope.

Last edited:

Latest posts