What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Panthers @ Panthers Stadium

Who will win? Round 11: Panthers v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrotherJim05

Bench
We can win this. Our middle forwards know they are in for a do or die battle and I'm confident they will get the job done.

As long as Brooks and Benji don't throw the ball around like its a game of backyard footy I reckon we will get over the line in a thrilling victory

Tigers by 2 points

soc123_au

Staff member
Well this is awfully warm and fuzzy for a game day thread. It's fantastic to see what Ivan has done for the rabble that we have come to know and love since Tim Sheens got dementure and married Daniel Fitzhenry. But come Thursday night f**k the lot of you. I'm hoping our middle forwards grind you into the dust & Yeo and Kikau destroy you out wide and we win 49 to nil.

Then come friday I can go back to wishing you all well and enjoy the reemergance of the Tigers.

But for now get f**ked and I hope you all have a merkin of a thursday night. Especially Vic & Clifferd. :)

Clifferd

Coach
Well this is awfully warm and fuzzy for a game day thread. It's fantastic to see what Ivan has done for the rabble that we have come to know and love since Tim Sheens got dementure and married Daniel Fitzhenry. But come Thursday night f**k the lot of you. I'm hoping our middle forwards grind you into the dust & Yeo and Kikau destroy you out wide and we win 49 to nil.

Then come friday I can go back to wishing you all well and enjoy the reemergance of the Tigers.

But for now get f**ked and I hope you all have a merkin of a thursday night. Especially Vic & Clifferd. :)

you wanna play rough

Lol@shoppingoffCartwrightMoylanJenningsLewis

How’s that goi....never mind

The mountain pissants from the west haven’t even won a title since 2003, you have two dinosaurs who run the club and any slight wind breeze your players get season ending injuries....lol@riff

Vic Mackey

Referee

Our coach f*#ks your halfbacks Mum

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Our coach f*#ks your halfbacks Mum
-DLaJwUSRbC5OB-WZtWmC03aDlfIGODRTVVZ3COZlua9RP3aUn1y14vcd8qKMMi26DZcbt9b2w=w528-h278-nc

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Agree

Plus they seem to be doing a good job developing our 2020 halfback

I wouldn't give them all the credit. Our coach literally created him (With a little help from the missus) and I reckon there is a fair bit of freelance coaching going on over the dinner table on the Cleary house.

Should be a good test for our forwards. Penrith's pack is awesome, just a bunch of mustached mean hombres. If we can match them in the middle I think we will win.

super_coach

First Grade
Didn't Mara go straight to Souths?...i might have forgotten...Dennis Tutty to Penrith as well. Pretty much every Penrith player that came to Balmain and WT has been great value ...more than can be said for the regular stream of lemons we got ftom Manly over the years.

There were two Mara's Bob and Les...If my memory is correct Bob was the no6 who went to Souths and then after football ended up in the big house as he was big in the drug trade, did a runner and was caught overseas many years latter. Les played on the wing and was about ten years older.

Could be wrong..a lot of brain cells have gone west over the years

super_coach

First Grade
Didn't Mara go straight to Souths?...i might have forgotten...Dennis Tutty to Penrith as well. Pretty much every Penrith player that came to Balmain and WT has been great value ...more than can be said for the regular stream of lemons we got ftom Manly over the years.

I think Len Killeen might have had a year or two out there at the end of his career and their was a player called Fagan for the Tigs who also might have had a year or two out there in the early day. I am sure there a few others. Still have about a 1000 football cards from that era might have to have a look!!

Das Hassler

Bench
I think you're right about Len Killeen. ....it was definitely Les Mara the Balmain 5/8 who's a guest of the government....he went to England for a while then came back to us before having a stint with souths ( pretty sure) then definitely newtown rhen back with us for his swansong.....i think while playing for Newtown he may have been introduced to the "colourful local identities" who were around the place at the time. Laurie Fagan? ....i still remember sitting on the hill when LO ran east west and Bob Boland sunk us with a field goal with a few minutes to go in his first match for Penrith against us....maybe their first or second year in the comp. ..player transfers weren't that common in those days before Dennis Tutty took the Tiges ( and the system) to court...it was strange then to see a former Tiger playing for someone else.

Clifferd

Coach
So Gould came out and said the team is only training once this week and that Cleary/Maloney won’t even be training together at all

That would favour us even more surely

I think we'll go close, Jimmy is in red hot form though and they have been mixing it even with their injuries. They'll pip us I reckon.

Didn't realise Tim Browne retired. Jesus what a horrific injury.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Mahe Fonua not even named in the 21.

'Centre Mahe Fonua has been dropped after turning up late to training despite a man-of-the-match effort last week, with Kevin Naiqama returning at centre.'

1 Corey Thompson, 2 David Nofoaluma, 3 Esan Marsters, 4 Kevin Naiqama, 5 Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, 6 Benji Marshall, 7 Luke Brooks, 8 Russell Packer (c), 9 Elijah Taylor, 10 Ben Matulino, 11 Chris Lawrence, 12 Robbie Rochow, 13 Matthew Eisenhuth

Interchange: 14 Alex Twal, 15 Jacob Liddle, 16 Michael Chee-Kam, 17 Sauaso Sue

Reserves: 18 Tim Grant, 19 Chris McQueen, 20 Josh Aloiai, 21 Tyson Gamble

Latest posts