What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs South Sydney @ Stadium Australia

Who will win? Round 14: South Sydney v Newcastle

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
Hope Hodgson gets selected over Hoy from now on. Couldn’t be worse.

Are Hoy’s days in first grade over now? Unless we reach real desperation.

Burwood

Bench
Hope Hodgson gets selected over Hoy from now on. Couldn’t be worse.

Are Hoy’s days in first grade over now? Unless we reach real desperation.
Hodgson looks to be 12 months away- he might have the skills for first grade, but he’s going to get absolutely hammered with the ball. Don’t mind the occasional game when Ponga is out, but wouldn’t like him playing week to week like Hoy has been.

If he really is as good as Tony says, I hope the club take their time with him. Have an eye towards 2023 when Ponga might shift into the halves with Clifford. Only problem with that, he might get a bit homesick between now and then.

Old dog

Juniors
Yes both Hodgson and Lucas looking good for 2022, both could do with a bit more time so hopefully not this season, hopefully Ponga and Hunt back this week for rest of season. Stick with Mann and Tuala at centre and any of Hunt, Youbg, Toa and Musgrove on wings until Best is back

Tuala in the centres gives me the yips tbh

Could we use Jack Johns as a stop gap centre until Best is cleared? He seemed to do ok out there on Sat and hes a former half so hed have at least an ok passing game

Old dog

Juniors
Tuala in the centres gives me the yips tbh

Could we use Jack Johns as a stop gap centre until Best is cleared? He seemed to do ok out there on Sat and hes a former half so hed have at least an ok passing game
Agreed, my earlier post forgot about Johns, only worry does he have the pace but I am sure his passing and tackling would be ok