What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Gold Coast @ Cbus Super Stadium, Robina / Yugambeh

Who will win? Round 15: Gold Coast v Wests Tigers

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

macnaz

Staff member
Those wins gave me far more hope then anything they have offered this year.
ONE game this year and that was it , last week against the Raiders wasnt good at all , 10 mins out off 80 is rubbish .
Last night was absolute garbage , for starters there was 2 tries to them on the back of pointless short drop outs.. who the f**k coached them to do that when there was 65% or so of the game left and no pressure to score immediately ?
This place is still a shit show and that Cowboys win achieved nothing but take pressure of Sheens and his failure as a coach

Das Hassler

Bench
I don't think it's that bad...losing Api after 15 then Brooks nixed any chance albeit Titans would probably have won anyway....look at the Raiders and Dolphins tonight...Dolphins ( 0.22 @ 22 mins) look worse than us last night...last night didn't define much more than a hard to take loss...Api out for 6 weeks or so throws us down the mineshaft though

I’ve got a choice next week of seeing the Tigers NRL side at home with thousands of the brainwashed or a nsw cup game featuring bloody Auckland. Crowd 500 maybe.

No prizes for guessing which game the boys and I are attending.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Those wins gave me far more hope then anything they have offered this year.
ONE game this year and that was it , last week against the Raiders wasnt good at all , 10 mins out off 80 is rubbish .
Last night was absolute garbage , for starters there was 2 tries to them on the back of pointless short drop outs.. who the f**k coached them to do that when there was 65% or so of the game left and no pressure to score immediately ?
This place is still a shit show and that Cowboys win achieved nothing but take pressure of Sheens and his failure as a coach
You predicted this a couple of weeks back Macz, in no uncertain terms and you were the only one to do so, AND no “I told you so” this week. Impressive! In fact I only just remembered those comments just reading your post now. Of course now the pressures off them, who knows what’ll happen next week

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench

So you can lift your elbow/forearm into players faces now. That's a good technique to encourage for young players. He’s not just holding his arm out, he punching it out.
The excuse that “It is rugby league” is bullshit. It’s the same as lifting your knee

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
At least the raiders lost after big mouths performance on here. No doubt now we’ll get another rush of high intelligence analyses. Tho I’m guessing not.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors

So you can lift your elbow/forearm into players faces now. That's a good technique to encourage for young players. He’s not just holding his arm out, he punching it out.
The excuse that “It is rugby league” is bullshit. It’s the same as lifting your knee
I don't know how you can break someone's jaw in two places if you don't put force with your elbo. As good a player as Api is I don't think he ran into the elbo fast enough to do that kind of damage.

Tigerm

First Grade

Koroisau to miss approximately six weeks.

Brooks is expected to miss between 4-6 weeks.

Whether we could’ve done something this year, is now gone imo.

With the Drags winning today and we play the Storm next week, we should be back on the bottom with no way up.

Means pre-season planning for next year will be a long one.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member

Koroisau to miss approximately six weeks.

Brooks is expected to miss between 4-6 weeks.

Whether we could’ve done something this year, is now gone imo.

With the Drags winning today and we play the Storm next week, we should be back on the bottom with no way up.

Means pre-season planning for next year will be a long one.
No these injuries have just given Sheenius a very convenient reason ( not an excuse) for him to use to deflect from his total inability to coach an NRL team.

WA Tiger

Bench
It’s a problem when Simpkin is the back up hooker and half..I’m thinking having Brooks off the field for a few weeks under any circumstances has got to be a good thing to expose his liability to the team. Especially just before his resigning..I think we have another back up hooker and Simpkin to halfback?

Fordy20

Juniors
I reckon we'll see a repeat of last year when Madge's first choice halves Brooks and Hastings were both out injured. I will be genuinely surprised if we win a single game in the next six weeks.

gordsy

Juniors
Time to look for someone who isn't getting a go at their club and offer them a chance to play firsts with us, someone like a Connor Tracey maybe.

Latest posts