What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Bulldogs @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 16: Knights v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yosh

Coach
IMO we ideally play Glasby at 13, Guerra and Fitzy on the edges, and Barnett off the bench with Saifitis x 2.

We are still two middles short - a starting prop and a quality bench impact prop. Ideally would prefer another starting backrower on the way here too.

If we are heading in to 2019 expecting King and Stone to play much (if any) first grade we are in for (yet another) bad time.

Still can't believe we muffed negotiations with Wallace.

I have said for a long time that we will know we are ok when Barnett is playing NSW Cup. I still firmly believe that.

Excellent points. What about that new Tigers lad that just joined us? I got the feeling he was pushing for a spot? Perhaps he is one of those middle forwards and perhaps we can still sign another class forward?

Old dog

Juniors
It would be hoped so although I am sure there are young up and coming nsw cup players in strong sides that could use an opportunity at 1sts.
Our aim should be to improve our 1sts by about 6 players meaning 6 current players drop to reserves strengthening our back up and getting rid of those players who struggle at reserve level, we need depth as well as some new strong 1st graders.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Barnett is an odd one, when we first signed him mid season in 2016 he came here and was throwing offloads left right and centre, put on some big hits, using his footwork and getting under the skin of the opposition with a bit of grubbiness.

He was definitely a bit raw but he was always creating something for our team whereas now he looks like he’s been neutered and doesn’t seem to be doing much of that stuff anymore. Most of the time now you wouldn’t really know he’s there.

I mentioned on a previous post that I think he could be a rep player in future. I still believe that but I don’t know whether it’s a confidence thing or a coaching thing at the moment. Either way he needs to figure out how to unlock that skill set again because if he does then he’s a starting second rower every day of the week. But if he continues to play the way he’s been playing this year then I would probably start Sione in his place next year.
My expectation would be that it is significantly a coaching expectation at present - Brown is widely looking to raise the discipline level on possession completions and minimise errors. Barnett has probably been told to rein in a bit of that aggression to ensure he doesn't give away penalties...he certainly seems to have tempered that aggressive streak and that has factored in to him being a less intimidating and in your face?