What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Panthers @ Panthers Stadium

Who will win? Round 16: Panthers v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 16
Penrith Panthers v Wests Tigers
Panthers Stadium, Penrith
Saturday 29 August 2020

Kickoff 7:35pm - Fox

TL-PEN20a.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Josh Mansour 3. Brent Naden 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Mitch Kenny 10. Moses Leota 11. Isaah Yeo 12. Liam Martin 13. James Fisher-Harris
Interchange: 14. Tyrone May 15. Spencer Leniu 16. Billy Burns 17. Zane Tetevano 18. Daine Laurie 19. Kurt Capewell 20. Matt Burton 21. Pat Hollis

TL-WST20a.png

1. Adam Doueihi 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Joseph Leilua 4. Moses Mbye 5. Tommy Talau 6. Luke Brooks 7. Benji Marshall 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Harry Grant 10. Thomas Mikaele 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Alex Twal
Interchange: 14. Matt Eisenhuth 15. Elijah Taylor 16. Jacob Liddle 17. Shawn Blore 18. Chris Lawrence 19. Sam McIntyre 20. Josh Reynolds 21. Asu Kepaoa

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Dave Munro, Matt Noyen
Video Referees: Steve Clark, Ben Galea

Last edited by a moderator:
If I recall correctly, we came close to beating the princesses last time.

5152EC2B-46D3-4373-927E-C5AA7A8AFEE0.jpeg
The only thing stopping us was Api.

They are not a side we respect or have too much time for.

If we are not it it at half time, I expect every tiger to do their duty.

I’d be sending in as much as the squad that treated them with the contempt they deserve last time. We were beating them. Not many sides can do

Time to make that punk Ivan kiss our asses.

Fire the f**k up, the seasons over, blood sports time.

5FE2FB36-29D5-417A-A809-10C489B6F0A8.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd blow this up so they can all see/read it all week and as they wait to take the field.

Andrew Johns blasts 'pathetic', 'no soul' Tigers as season all but over
"Some of the individual efforts defensively, I was sitting there watching it just shaking my head.

"I feel for Michael Maguire, he's a really hard-edged coach. He builds his game on defence. What I saw in the first half it was like under-10's stuff.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/wests-...ew-johns/bf98d216-f347-40ad-b453-52c62d165f67

soc123_au

Staff member
If Madge is capable of firing your lot up it's this week. I'd be playing the video of Ivan blowing kisses on loop at training. As a Panthers fan I'm fearing a bit of bounce back from the Tigers this week. If not I'd be starting to think Madge isn't the right fit.

Tiger Ted

Bench
If Madge is capable of firing your lot up it's this week. I'd be playing the video of Ivan blowing kisses on loop at training. As a Panthers fan I'm fearing a bit of bounce back from the Tigers this week. If not I'd be starting to think Madge isn't the right fit.
I started thinking Maguire isn’t the right fit a few months ago.Now I’m convinced he isn’t as he is no longer getting a +ve response from the invertebrates.

soc123_au

Staff member
I started thinking Maguire isn’t the right fit a few months ago.Now I’m convinced he isn’t as he is no longer getting a +ve response from the invertebrates.
I'll admit when the whole Ivan thing went down & you guys ended up with Madge I felt a bit jealous thinking the Tigers came out of things well in front. Now it's starting to look like Souffs successes were more to do with the cheque writing prowess of Maximus than Madge's skills in the sheds. He is a pretty intense mofo, I imagine he needs the kind of player that responds to that. I don't think coaching millenniuls is going to be for him.

soc123_au

Staff member
If I was on the Tigers board I'd be giving Hook a call to see what he is up to. I am stunned that he never seems to get much of a mention on the merry go round. I reckon he would be a great pickup for half the teams in the comp.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I'll admit when the whole Ivan thing went down & you guys ended up with Madge I felt a bit jealous thinking the Tigers came out of things well in front. Now it's starting to look like Souffs successes were more to do with the cheque writing prowess of Maximus than Madge's skills in the sheds. He is a pretty intense mofo, I imagine he needs the kind of player that responds to that. I don't think coaching millenniuls is going to be for him.
I could coach a team to win title that had the supreme forward from the last 20yrs & one of the greatest outside backs to have ever played the game.Add the twins & a kicker who can land the ball on a dime plus a bunch of quality Souths juniors arriving at the right time & Madge was in the right place at the right time.

Tigerm

First Grade
If I was on the Tigers board I'd be giving Hook a call to see what he is up to. I am stunned that he never seems to get much of a mention on the merry go round. I reckon he would be a great pickup for half the teams in the comp.
I wanted him first up, Though wasn’t unhappy with Madge. but he is too similar to Madge, if these blokes aren’t the answer, then we need someone who is softer Or get hard nose players, but it’s always easier to change the coach than the playing group, hey.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I hope he proves me wrong but it’s become glaring that maguire is a one trick pony devoid of a plan B.Madgeball will never succeed at a club with a softcock DNA.

soc123_au

Staff member
I could coach a team to win title that had the supreme forward from the last 20yrs & one of the greatest outside backs to have ever played the game.Add the twins & a kicker who can land the ball on a dime plus a bunch of quality Souths juniors arriving at the right time & Madge was in the right place at the right time.
The refs helped quite a bit too. Ha ha. Looking back I think Madge was kissed on the dick by a fairy.

soc123_au

Staff member
I wanted him first up, Though wasn’t unhappy with Madge. but he is too similar to Madge, if these blokes aren’t the answer, then we need someone who is softer Or get hard nose players, but it’s always easier to change the coach than the playing group, hey.
I dont think he is anywhere near as much of a dummy spitter as Madge. He cleaned out the attitude problems at Penrith pretty quickly. Could be just what you need. Not likely to win a comp, but I have to say, even though I knew we wernt winning any comps under Hook, making the finals 3 years in a row was pretty sweet.

I guess the other school of thought would be Madge gets a pass until your cap is in a state he can work with. Maybe he can recruit the right players & turn shit around. As much as I have fun with the mutual shit slinging between our groups of supporters I'd like to see a successful Tigers. A top 4 of Panthers, Parra, Tigers & Dogs would be a die hard westies wet dream.

stryker

First Grade
You would only have to weather a 20 minute storm. Even the doggies came back from one of them.

Our players are whinging and whining about being trained too hard.

For their meek and insincere efforts they get Madge on the sidelines during games.

If Seibs takes his million, he might tweak our tails a bit. He usually follows Madge.

The broncos laziness is next level though.

WA Tiger

Bench
I agree.Are u a panthers supporter if so that speaks volumes to me

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Madge is a lunatic Hook is strict

Latest posts