What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 17 vs Parramatta @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield

Who will win? Round 17: Wests Tigers v Parramatta

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But Andrew John’s said he’s the next Andrew Johns. Maybe we just have to wait another 10 years? I say if John’s wants him at Newcastle then I hope he can get some money to be put where his mouth is and let’s see what happens.

They did. Last off-season. Not sure of how much the Knights wanted to contribute but Brooks wanted to go and Newcastle wanted him. Unfortunately, management in the infinite wisdom knocked him back.

I think our best play is to wait until Milford reneges on his handshake agreement with the Dolphins and re-signs with Newcastle. Once (if) that happens we've got them bent over. Unless uncle Wayne has about a dozen quality players (including halves) signed in absolute secrecy they will need Brooks bad. They have less than half a roster signed publicly right now and have to start training in 4 months. We won't be able to squeeze them for all the money but we'll be in the drivers seat. I can see us getting $800K out of them, maybe more if done right.........I know, it's the Tigers..........

Worst case is he plays the final year of his contract. It's our own board and management's fault for making such a stupendously dumb deal in the first place.

Phil Gould

Juniors
They did. Last off-season. Not sure of how much the Knights wanted to contribute but Brooks wanted to go and Newcastle wanted him. Unfortunately, management in the infinite wisdom knocked him back.

I think our best play is to wait until Milford reneges on his handshake agreement with the Dolphins and re-signs with Newcastle. Once (if) that happens we've got them bent over. Unless uncle Wayne has about a dozen quality players (including halves) signed in absolute secrecy they will need Brooks bad. They have less than half a roster signed publicly right now and have to start training in 4 months. We won't be able to squeeze them for all the money but we'll be in the drivers seat. I can see us getting $800K out of them, maybe more if done right.........I know, it's the Tigers..........

Worst case is he plays the final year of his contract. It's our own board and management's fault for making such a stupendously dumb deal in the first place.
Interesting angle. I heard Newcastle had discussions but didn’t know any specifics. Hope it plays out as you say.

I can’t understand why they won’t give Adam a run but choose to stick with Brooks no matter what. It feels to me like some kind of pig headedness from the club, like they don’t want to drop him or it will be like an admission that they made a mistake. Typical poor management, arrogance combined with incompetence resulting in compounding errors.

Tigerm

First Grade
Interesting angle. I heard Newcastle had discussions but didn’t know any specifics. Hope it plays out as you say.

I can’t understand why they won’t give Adam a run but choose to stick with Brooks no matter what. It feels to me like some kind of pig headedness from the club, like they don’t want to drop him or it will be like an admission that they made a mistake. Typical poor management, arrogance combined with incompetence resulting in compounding errors.
Both him and Noffo are special to the club for some reason?

Latest posts