What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 17 vs Parramatta @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield

Who will win? Round 17: Wests Tigers v Parramatta

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
To me brooks played like he wanted out. The disappointing thing is, with a bit more control and basic footy smarts … we win that game. Felt like we were on top for large parts of the 80 mins

To me brooks played like he wanted out. The disappointing thing is, with a bit more control and basic footy smarts … we win that game. Felt like we were on top for large parts of the 80 mins
Speedy, perhaps he played like he thinks management wanted him out, based on the leaks coming from the office, it might have been the case of stuff you lot.

I didn’t watch it simply because I could not be bothered but happy to jump on here and read about it, from the numbers of posters, it looks like others have given up as well.

Not sure what to make of his game , i dont feel as though he tanked it.. looked more like he has just mentally hit the wall and cant find anymore to give .
Well if there is anyone at the clubs who saw it the same way, perhaps a week off (to start week) would do him some good.

Phil Gould

Juniors
I also noticed Nofo is now running backwards as well as sideways, apart from those three runs he played well. Musgrove, Pole, Stefano, Offa all played well.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Frustrating game. Thought we were the better team for 50-60 mins yet that horrendous 5 mins before halftime completely turned the game. Parra scored 4 tries in 12 mins. That’s the difference between us and the top 8 sides. We can often go set for set with them, however when we have a bad period it’s VERY bad. We cop points in clusters, in this case 12 bad mins and it’s game over, it doesn’t matter what you do for the other 68.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how good Fonua Pole has been, has taken to first grade quicker then even Stefano did, and he’s about 2 years younger then Stef was. Matamua had a mixed debut, the sin bin was a bit harsh but was still great to see the aggression.

Musgrove best game of the year, that Needs to be his standard, no excuses why he can’t produce that every week.

Junior Tupou continues to impress, that run where he jinked across field then broke the line on the left oozed class.

Alrhough the seasons junk it’s been positive that every kid we’ve brought up has slotted in. Would say Brendan Tumeth gets a run over the next few weeks.

Das Hassler

Bench
Frustrating game. Thought we were the better team for 50-60 mins yet that horrendous 5 mins before halftime completely turned the game. Parra scored 4 tries in 12 mins. That’s the difference between us and the top 8 sides. We can often go set for set with them, however when we have a bad period it’s VERY bad. We cop points in clusters, in this case 12 bad mins and it’s game over, it doesn’t matter what you do for the other 68.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how good Fonua Pole has been, has taken to first grade quicker then even Stefano did, and he’s about 2 years younger then Stef was. Matamua had a mixed debut, the sin bin was a bit harsh but was still great to see the aggression.

Musgrove best game of the year, that Needs to be his standard, no excuses why he can’t produce that every week.

Junior Tupou continues to impress, that run where he jinked across field then broke the line on the left oozed class.

Alrhough the seasons junk it’s been positive that every kid we’ve brought up has slotted in. Would say Brendan Tumeth gets a run over the next few weeks.

Well to be fair giving these guys a go was Sheens and BK's stated first order of business...if we don't get another win from the remaining games but have these guys ready to go for next season I'll be happy enough.

Pezz70

Juniors
Well to be fair giving these guys a go was Sheens and BK's stated first order of business...if we don't get another win from the remaining games but have these guys ready to go for next season I'll be happy enough.
As long as the young fellas aren’t getting the shite knocked out of them I’m all for giving them a run. Bring in a centre get rid of Toa. As noted Pole has potential, really disappointed we let mikaele go, he was only a pup and was doing ok, definitely better than Musgrove who gives away just as many penalties as Tom did. I liked Laurie’s involvements yesterday, was busy and tried a few things

Last edited:
There was a lot to like about that game, but a few poor moments killed the game for us. A few quick notes
-Joffa has shown some leadership in the last few weeks. He was firing everyone up early on and always quick to have a word with someone when they made an error. He has a dumb penalty in him still, but he’d be my captain if Hastings goes
-The kids all looked good, hope BK keeps bringing them in. I liked Twal and Tamou going into the sheds when the lad got binned. Sadly that (or more how we handled it) was what cost us the game. Had we gone into the sheds in front we had a chance.
-Brooks is on par with Moses when Moses was tanking.
-Toa has some good attributes but he isn’t a centre. I am not sure where he should play.
-Nofa was missing until he got his 2 late tries.
-Musgrove has a lot of potential, but has way too many dumb penalties in him
-Nu Brown is a good dummy half runner close to the line but that’s about it. Teams will work this out pretty soon.

WA Tiger

Bench
I also noticed Nofo is now running backwards as well as sideways, apart from those three runs he played well. Musgrove, Pole, Stefano, Offa all played well.
Tupou ran across field as well for the individual run of the game. Who gives a Fk?!

League WTF

Juniors
Brooks isn’t tanking. That’s how he’s played for 10 years
Shocking we kept him in the halves for that long. He doesn’t belong there…sadly.

But, good to see some players finally showing grub in running and tackling. I haven’t seen this for far too long.

League WTF

Juniors
To be fair, Brooks is simply not a good half, but a decent player. I really want to see how he goes at fullback.

Those 2 last try assists should have been made by Laurie, but he was nowhere to be seen.

7 - Hastings
6 - AD
1 - Brooks

Think Scott Drinkwater 🤨🧐

Phil Gould

Juniors
Tupou ran across field as well for the individual run of the game. Who gives a Fk?!
You don’t care if the team goes backwards?

Nofo is one of the best wingers in the game. I know sometimes he skirts the defense, probing for a gap, just like so many other players but I’ve never seen him run backwards like that before, three times. Just saying what I saw, if no one gives a F@ck then so be it.

Last edited:

Phil Gould

Juniors
To be fair, Brooks is simply not a good half, but a decent player. I really want to see how he goes at fullback.

Those 2 last try assists should have been made by Laurie, but he was nowhere to be seen.

7 - Hastings
6 - AD
1 - Brooks

I think there are better options for hooker and fullback than Brooks. I didn’t mind Nu as hooker, maybe Brooks and Nu share the roll. Thats a lot of versatility between Hastings, Brooks and Adam. Laurie seems to be good in short bursts only but they seem set on him as FB, I don’t think that’s changing aside from through injury.

Tiger Ted

Bench

7 - Hastings
6 - AD
1 - Brooks

Brooks is absolute garbage.The only explanation for the pathetic bum to continually being selected in the top grade is to keep him in the shop window.If another club is foolish enough to want to subsidise anywhere near 50% of his ‘23 contract then we would’ve struck gold.IMO he is worthless.

Phil Gould

Juniors
Brooks is absolute garbage.The only explanation for the pathetic bum to continually being selected in the top grade is to keep him in the shop window.If another club is foolish enough to want to subsidise anywhere near 50% of his ‘23 contract then we would’ve struck gold.IMO he is worthless.
But Andrew John’s said he’s the next Andrew Johns. Maybe we just have to wait another 10 years? I say if John’s wants him at Newcastle then I hope he can get some money to be put where his mouth is and let’s see what happens.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
But Andrew John’s said he’s the next Andrew Johns. Maybe we just have to wait another 10 years? I say if John’s wants him at Newcastle then I hope he can get some money to be put where his mouth is and let’s see what happens.
Agree, he may well become the best 7 in the game, somewhere else, but I think it is the risk, both the club and himself needs to take.

WA Tiger

Bench
You don’t care if the team goes backwards?

Nofo is one of the best wingers in the game. I know sometimes he skirts the defense, probing for a gap, just like so many other players but I’ve never seen him run backwards like that before, three times. Just saying what I saw, if no one gives a F@ck then so be it.
No one of note.. Your the first to mention it