What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs North Qld @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville / Wulgurukaba

Who will win? Round 2: North Qld v Newcastle

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apey

Staff member
I agree. People have watched the games. And they've noticed the only time he looked good was in a historically successful Penrith side coming off the bench.

Otherwise he's the kind of half that leads to you looking at who's on the market.

Did you just watch the finals or something? He played 13 games for Penrith last year. Only 3 were off the bench - RD 14, Prelim, GF. He had 10 games starting in the spine; 5 at #7, 3 at #6, 2 at #9.

He's not going to lead us to Premiership glory nor should he be a long term first choice 7 for us. He is better than you give him credit for, though.

As I said before I don't think he adds anything at 14 besides resting Phoenix. He either needs to be our 7 in NRL or NSW Cup when Brailey is back.

Gamble will offer more if the responsibility is taken away from him. If he’s covering for Hastings there’s part of the issue.

Yosh

Coach
I don't think people here are giving Gamble enough credit. He isn't some unskilled Sean Rudder of a player. He is quick witted and as competitive as anyone. Hastings should be dropped before Gamble for sure.

I don't see why people think Cogger is going to suck. If he is only as good as Clune, that's great. Clune was a great half but was too small for the modern game. Cogger looks a solid defender and quick as well. He doesn't need to Joey it up, just straighten up the attack, get the ball to Ponga and Best in space, back up KPP sniffing for offloads and take on some of the kicking.

Either way, it's great to have solid options competing for spots.

Rod

Bench
Just looking at the Dally M points and one of the judges gave Ponga 1 point. I defended him winning it last year but man they really make some of these scores up huh. A lot of the scoring seems particularly bad this year.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
I don't think people here are giving Gamble enough credit. He isn't some unskilled Sean Rudder of a player. He is quick witted and as competitive as anyone. Hastings should be dropped before Gamble for sure.

I don't see why people think Cogger is going to suck. If he is only as good as Clune, that's great. Clune was a great half but was too small for the modern game. Cogger looks a solid defender and quick as well. He doesn't need to Joey it up, just straighten up the attack, get the ball to Ponga and Best in space, back up KPP sniffing for offloads and take on some of the kicking.

Either way, it's great to have solid options competing for spots.
Because no one can point to any example of Cogger not sucking that doesn't involve Penrith - where each year a half is getting picked out for looking great and then not kicking on. Like old Storm recruits.

Hastings wasn't even our half for the good games we played in that winning streak anyway, Clune was

Looks like Hastings is being "dropped" this week but I suspect it's because he's hurt. The guy is a competitor so I'd think he'll be back but he probably shouldn't be, the way his ankle is I'd think retirement is certainly on the cards

Yosh

Coach
Cogger to 7 and who is our new 14?? Either Pryce or Brailey right? So good to have players of NRL quality come right in. We had nuffies coming in for injuries for over a decade. Good time to be alive.

Latest posts