What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Sydney @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 2: Wests Tigers v Sydney

• Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How flat is our attack ? it’s like watching u6’s, it’s insane that the team keeps doing the same flat attacking plays every set and expecting to score.

Kilkenny

Coach
Pleased to see Daine Laurie has made a promising starts to his West Tigers career.

He is a quality kid who should get ever better with more games under his belt and more experience.

Clearly season 2021 hasn’t quite started the way you would have hoped but you have to put things in perspective, you have come up against a side who made the GF in 2019 and today against a side who will go close to making the GF again this season.

Really tough way to start the season against two quality opponents.

I wouldn’t be throwing the towel in just yet, way too early.

His dad is going around telling people the players are off Madge.
This is junior sports stuff, parent who wouldn't help on the BBQ, wouldn't help put the goal nets up, etc yet the same parent complaining to club as coach swapped his kid or gets less game time than another kid.

So Brooks tells his dad and well !!! They must not have a TV or mirrors in the Brooks household.

Fittler & Johns were going on about no talking yesterday, Fittler mentioned not wearing a mouth guard as he couldn't talk with one, perhaps Brooks should try playing without one.

Tigerm

First Grade
This is junior sports stuff, parent who wouldn't help on the BBQ, wouldn't help put the goal nets up, etc yet the same parent complaining to club as coach swapped his kid or gets less game time than another kid.

So Brooks tells his dad and well !!! They must not have a TV or mirrors in the Brooks household.

Fittler & Johns were going on about no talking yesterday, Fittler mentioned not wearing a mouth guard as he couldn't talk with one, perhaps Brooks should try playing without one.
The team next week will be interesting I wonder if will be in it?

Pezz70

Juniors
The team next week will be interesting I wonder if will be in it?

BJ Leilua will be in reggies and Robert’s will come back into the side, Talau will play left centre. Luciano will be given a reprieve but another defensive game like that he will join his brother.

Brooks and Douiehi will remain in the halves until we are no chance of a top 8 spot. They really need to have a look at the depth we are attacking with in the opposition 30.

they also need to dump the Des Hasler/Bulldogs play where two forwards pass the ball to the half. Just give it to Brooks and make him play. He wasn’t treacherous yesterday except for those two kicks that went dead and the decision not to kick it on another final play.

I would be looking for some more depth in attack, Luke Brooks/Adam Douiehi to handle the ball first in the attacking 30 unless they are setting for a play. Getting the ball to one of the corners or in goal at the end of every set. Better left side defence, the Leilua’s next to each other was a disaster.

Laurie was good in a well beaten side yesterday and looks like a quality player, with the depth in attack we will be able to bring him into the play a bit more often, he opens up genuine attacking options.

Fordy20

Juniors
Clearly season 2021 hasn’t quite started the way you would have hoped but you have to put things in perspective, you have come up against a side who made the GF in 2019 and today against a side who will go close to making the GF again this season.

Really tough way to start the season against two quality opponents.

I wouldn’t be throwing the towel in just yet, way too early.

Logically, that makes sense. It's just so frustrating to not even be competitive. I know the refs favour the well off clubs, but when you couple those calls with the sheer laziness and incompetence of some players, it's no wonder the team gets their heads down, cease talking and stop making the effort plays.

How would you feel if you were a middle forward, having to tackle your arse off and make metres in the middle but your relief hooker can't even run straight and doesn't even know how to take advantage of quick play the balls. How would feel when your halfback is booting the ball over the dead ball line at the end of the set and you have to defend 7 to tackle sets and your centres can't be trusted to make tackles, so whenever your opposition spreads the ball they score?

It'd be awful to put up with as a player and it's just as hard to watch as a fan. I can't even imagine it would have been an entertaining game to watch as a neutral.

I know the side needs stability in order to build combinations, but some of the displays out there yesterday were diabolical and not even close to being professional. I knew we were going to be treading water for another year, but if all we have to offer as a club is money, then we'll always just be making up the numbers.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Logically, that makes sense. It's just so frustrating to not even be competitive. I know the refs favour the well off clubs, but when you couple those calls with the sheer laziness and incompetence of some players, it's no wonder the team gets their heads down, cease talking and stop making the effort plays.

How would you feel if you were a middle forward, having to tackle your arse off and make metres in the middle but your relief hooker can't even run straight and doesn't even know how to take advantage of quick play the balls. How would feel when your halfback is booting the ball over the dead ball line at the end of the set and you have to defend 7 to tackle sets and your centres can't be trusted to make tackles, so whenever your opposition spreads the ball they score?

It'd be awful to put up with as a player and it's just as hard to watch as a fan. I can't even imagine it would have been an entertaining game to watch as a neutral.

I know the side needs stability in order to build combinations, but some of the displays out there yesterday were diabolical and not even close to being professional. I knew we were going to be treading water for another year, but if all we have to offer as a club is money, then we'll always just be making up the numbers.
If I was a neutral I would have switched channels after 20 mins however being the masochist that I am I relished being tormented for 80 mins coz as a tigers fan I no longer associate watching them with connotations of joy.This club is the paragon of misery in world sport.The administrations weve been so lucky to have at concord have been the biggest bunch of pissweak dopes imaginable totally devoid of the basic requirements to professionally run a business where everybody must be held accountable for fulfilling their specific job obligations to the best of their ability & not be allowed to portray us as a laughing stock eg Blair BJ Leulia Packer etc etc

At the end of the game last nite all I hoped for was that I’d wake up this morning to read that the commission have come to their senses & have realised they must cull teams starting with the horrendous rabble at concord.

Me when I see Brooks at #7 at 4pm tomorrow...

giphy.gif

Tigerm

First Grade
If I was a neutral I would have switched channels after 20 mins however being the masochist that I am I relished being tormented for 80 mins coz as a tigers fan I no longer associate watching them with connotations of joy.This club is the paragon of misery in world sport.The administrations weve been so lucky to have at concord have been the biggest bunch of pissweak dopes imaginable totally devoid of the basic requirements to professionally run a business where everybody must be held accountable for fulfilling their specific job obligations to the best of their ability & not be allowed to portray us as a laughing stock eg Blair BJ Leulia Packer etc etc

At the end of the game last nite all I hoped for was that I’d wake up this morning to read that the commission have come to their senses & have realised they must cull teams starting with the horrendous rabble at concord.
You lasted longer than me, well done:D
There are teams & clubs much worse than us, stay calm.

You lasted longer than me, well done:D
There are teams & clubs much worse than us, stay calm.

Manly are the only club worse than us on the table, but even they would have slaughtered us yesterday.

As for calmness, I need a few days to settle.

The only thing I can imagine that would be worse is being Rhyno.

Still no other club worth supporting.

Tigerm

First Grade
Manly are the only club worse than us on the table, but even they would have slaughtered us yesterday.

As for calmness, I need a few days to settle.

The only thing I can imagine that would be worse is being Rhyno.

Still no other club worth supporting.
I think you being generous to Cows, Dogs, Bronc's, & Dragon's?
As for them slaughtering us yesterday, we'll never know?
I'm far from happy, but it is only R2, we were never seriously going to win the comp this year.
We need to beat the teams outside the top 6 and we are nearly in the 8, not like you to not have faith.

I think you being generous to Cows, Dogs, Bronc's, & Dragon's?
As for them slaughtering us yesterday, we'll never know?
I'm far from happy, but it is only R2, we were never seriously going to win the comp this year.
We need to beat the teams outside the top 6 and we are nearly in the 8, not like you to not have faith.

I will be ok in a couple of days.

Latest posts