What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 21 vs Canterbury @ Moreton Daily Stadium

Who will win? Round 21: Canterbury v Wests Tigers

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
We’re shot ducks, next year we’ll go close to the spoon. Gildart will have to be an absolute genius to avert it. I think we have a pack of forwards that may develop, but Tamou has to go his defence in the middle is ordinary, he is slow, was carried last couple of years. He got caught out badly by the bulldogs and the TV cameras. Utiokamanu has talent with ball in hand, but is too big, his profile says 115kg but I’m calling him for 120-125 no trouble at all, he needs drop 10-15kg, he is a defensive liability in the middle when the little blokes get the pill. The stats don’t show it because he didn’t get a hand near a couple of the fellas up the middle cause he is too slow getting back. There is nothing in our future that looks like it’s gonna bear fruit. We need a lock with a bit of mongrel that can play the full 80
Pezz, you, like all of us, have no f**king idea what will happen next game, never mind next year.
TBH, I didn’t see Stephane’s missed tackles as I was too busy being thrilled at his attacking efforts. If he’s not our best forward who is? He is a kid, his potential is enormous.
Him, Blore, Seyfarth, Simpkin and Tuilagi are all kids, we have a great future in our forwards.
I certainly agree, we could use a mongrel forward, though I hope we look for a real good back first.

stryker

First Grade
We’re shot ducks, next year we’ll go close to the spoon. Gildart will have to be an absolute genius to avert it. I think we have a pack of forwards that may develop, but Tamou has to go his defence in the middle is ordinary, he is slow, was carried last couple of years. He got caught out badly by the bulldogs and the TV cameras. Utiokamanu has talent with ball in hand, but is too big, his profile says 115kg but I’m calling him for 120-125 no trouble at all, he needs drop 10-15kg, he is a defensive liability in the middle when the little blokes get the pill. The stats don’t show it because he didn’t get a hand near a couple of the fellas up the middle cause he is too slow getting back. There is nothing in our future that looks like it’s gonna bear fruit. We need a lock with a bit of mongrel that can play the full 80. Also that game had 5 dogs eligible to play under 20’s, an 8-1 penalty count our way, although restarts were 8-3 against us, and a player in the sin bin, the margin should’ve been greater.
Yeah good summary.
I honestly don’t think anyone in our pack is starting quality at the moment. They are a bunch of benchies, either learning the trade or already past it.
Our attack is aweful. Had some luck from bombs but the good sides won’t let us score from them with the ease that we currently are. A part from the old kick and hope, we barely ever look confident with ball in hand. We generally attack with bugger all shape, no bodies in motion, don’t look for the offload or short ball, just one out hit ups over and over again.
Our defence is beyond pathetic. We get eaten up the guts, raped on the edges and outflanked by every side in the comp. Poor commitment and technique to blame here.

If Hastings and Gildart are the only acquisitions, I can’t see us escaping the spoon.

Pezz70

Juniors
Pezz, you, like all of us, have no f**king idea what will happen next game, never mind next year.
TBH, I didn’t see Stephane’s missed tackles as I was too busy being thrilled at his attacking efforts. If he’s not our best forward who is? He is a kid, his potential is enormous.
Him, Blore, Seyfarth, Simpkin and Tuilagi are all kids, we have a great future in our forwards.
I certainly agree, we could use a mongrel forward, though I hope we look for a real good back first.
Don’t get me wrong I like our young players in the pack, with a bit of guidance and hardening up they could develop into something formidable. I like Twal too but I’m thinking his days have to be numbered. I’d be looking to offload Twal,Tamou and Garner ASAP and bring in a couple more experienced players in the vein of Eliot Whitehead, Campbell-Gillard or maybe even someone like one of the Bromwich’s or Solomona, that style.

We’re stuck without decent centres and wingers and with a half who is too scared to play footy there’s no way forward next year, Hastings has a bit of toughness but I’m not sure he is a better player than what we’ve got. Joey Manu would be one I’d blow the cap on if we could get him.

Tommy Talau is a bit of an enigma, makes some stupid mistakes but I’d like to see him get the ball early and when the attack is moving forward. I don’t think we’ve seen anything near his best, he has the ability to break a tackle when he gets good early ball and hits it at speed. We won’t see his potential with this team unless there’s some changes in the way we attack

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Sounds like a good system to me. Send promising young players to the Storm to train, buy them back as elite players at marquee prices. Transplant the Storm culture player by player

gordsy

Juniors
I read something on twitter the other day that went along the lines of, 10 years ago the difference between 1st and last was 20 points. Now it's 20 points between 1 and 7. The titans don't even have a winning record and they're in the 8. We have a long long way to go.

stryker

First Grade
This competition does not deserve an 8 team finals series. Teams 7 & 8 will be dogshit 2021 performers who don’t belong there.

Additionally, teams 5 & 6 will be pretenders just there for cannon fodder. The top 4 will garner some interest but it’s still a race between 2 for the title.