What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 21 vs Newcastle @ Campbelltown Stadium, Leumeah

Who will win? Round 21: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Billythekid

First Grade
Even without Klemmer and Ponga Newcastle still have a stronger team on paper.
I'm not convinced we have this one in the bag. I think it might be close with the officials finding a way to hand it to the Knights.
Newcastle have the worst F/A this season for a reason. I think it's hard to argue they're better than any team on paper this year especially without those 2. Not saying it's in the bag but it's hard to argue that the knights aren't the worst team right now.

I'm looking forward to a big game from Madden. The first game he's had in his preferred position and it will be up to him the run the team. I'm confident he'll make a good fist of it.

I fear management will re-sign Brooks and let Madden slip through their fingers. He's already made it clear that unless he's given his shot he's out the door and fair enough too.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Definitely if another team is prepared to pay full fare. Don't know what sort coin Madden could demand but I'm sure there would be a fair bit left over to invest elsewhere.
Unfortunately no club in their right mind will pay full fare.We will most likely have to fund 50% of Brooks’s contract next yr if he were to leave.I’m fine with that coz it’s absolutely essential we sever ties with Brooks.

Tigers1986

Juniors
We got the Cowboys, beat the Broncos, so on form, we'd be specials. Sadly, I don't trust "on form" with us, but man I hope it's different tomorrow. 4pm kickoff is good, and hopefully a good crowd in. What does suck though is NOTHING on beforehand (gates open at 3) so it's kind of a weird placement for the game.

Butler, the ref who screwed us in Townsville....is in the bunker for this game. I mean...

Hopeful - Tigers 13+. Realistically - we'll win by 4.

MasterTiger

Juniors
This is the type of situation the Tigers have been in over a number of years. Take 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Even though this really is a nothing game with no bearing on finals footy to us it means winning football games when the players know deep down they should be winning this. This has been a problem for the club for years now.

Tigerm

First Grade
This is the type of situation the Tigers have been in over a number of years. Take 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Even though this really is a nothing game with no bearing on finals footy to us it means winning football games when the players know deep down they should be winning this. This has been a problem for the club for years now.
We have plenty to play for? Avoiding the spoon😅🥺

Tigerm

First Grade
This is true TM….. more importantly though is continuing the improved performances. I would love to see the boys go on a winning run
Agree, but my point was, the main priority for this season, is to avoid the spoon (It would be our only small win for this year) Our season was over at the halfway mark?

IMO, improved performances mean nothing now (its too late) it’s next year they need to do better things consistently as they have shown through there few wins this season, what they are capable of?

It shits me, that they can’t do it and haven’t done it for the past decade?

Wizardman

First Grade
One of the Tigers 10 commandments is "Thou shall lose to a spoon contender when we are favourites". Newcastle will win. It defies all logic....but they will.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
When we win today, we will jump 2 places higher on the ladder. Newy and the Worriers.
That's another 2 places away from the spoon, of course.
Just one win behind the dogs. I would be so happy going into next year if we finished 12th this year.

Pezz70

Juniors
Interesting game today, no Klemmer, no Ponga, no Edrick Lee and importantly no Lachlan Fitzgibbon. They still have a good forward pack and I think our centres will really struggle defensively today. Toa had his best game for us last week I hope he continues, I’d still be looking at swapping Naden and Kepoa. Wonder what’s happening with Talau, must be getting close to a return

They still have a good forward pack and I think our centres will really struggle defensively today.

Yeah Pez, it’s the type of game where Bradman could look the Best since Bradman and Gagai play like he does in SOO.