What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs North Qld @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Who will win? Round 22: North Qld v Wests Tigers

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
It’s annoyingly embarrassing how quickly this team turns to poo

up 24-6 and cruising it was looking like an ok win. At full time I left myself wondering if there is many positives to come out of the game …

We were on top of them. Our spine to me didn't perform well enough with AD and Simpkin being the best out of them.

There are definitely positives. We have some good younger players coming through. It's a much better squad in some ways because there is some hope.

Stef is real good. Tuki and Jake both have moments. Those two can't do long minutes. Tuilagi can run a good line on an edge. I reckon he runs better lines than Blore and Luc. Blore and Luc can play. Talau does have a decent running game.

stryker

First Grade
Tigers are the dumbest football side I have ever seen. Just rubbish. I’d go so far as to say they are worse now than at anytime in the last 10 years. The players are morons. Today they have managed to win dirtier today than last week, I didn’t think it was possible. Granville in the centre’s shows how tough NQLD are doing we should’ve won by 40. Just a treacherous rugby league side.
A decent side, not even the elite squads, would have flogged the Cowboys tonight. Their attack was beyond hopeless and their defence not much better.
Our blokes just don’t have that evil in them to go out and pulverise a side that is playing reserve grade footy. Instead, they make mistake after mistake until they invite them back into the game and then hold on for an uninspiring win after leading comfortably.
Low IQ footballers in our halves, dumb turd footballers in our pack and hopelessly inconsistent footballers in our backline. Madge should have given it to them even though they won.

stryker

First Grade
Mikaele is a soft prick. What the hell is it going to take to fire this guy up? He is your typical Tarzan footballer.

On the positives,
Tuilagi looked good.
Stephano is great in attack.
Doueihi was OK for periods
Simpkins sparked our attack
Talau is slowly improving and showing he has something

Tigers1986

Juniors
It was what it was. A win to prolong hope. Ref did all he could to get it interesting at the end (brooks sinbin, Simpkin penalised). It's a joke.

We lack the killer edge and could've won by 30, which would've helped our points differential.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Mikaele is a soft prick. What the hell is it going to take to fire this guy up? He is your typical Tarzan footballer.

On the positives,
Tuilagi looked good.
Stephano is great in attack.
Doueihi was OK for periods
Simpkins sparked our attack
Talau is slowly improving and showing he has something

I genuinely dont rate Mikaele. Runs hard but makes 1000 school boy errors.

Agree rest of those guys looked ok

Vic Mackey

Referee
Mikaele can hit it up but he always makes mistakes. We need players who don't make so many mistakes and hit it up hard.

He’s a frustrating player. He runs harder then any of our forwards but has 1 or 2 shocking errors a game. You can excuse this in a rookie but he’s been a first grader for 3 years now.

It’s a shame Musgrove has been injured so much, I think he is power forward we need.

Fordy20

Juniors
It’s annoyingly embarrassing how quickly this team turns to poo

up 24-6 and cruising it was looking like an ok win. At full time I left myself wondering if there is many positives to come out of the game …
The boys really should have put their foot the neck and piled on the points like Manly did in the match afterwards.

It's hard to judge the quality of anyone playing against such poor opposition. I'll reserve judgement for after the Sharks match.

stryker

First Grade
The boys really should have put their foot the neck and piled on the points like Manly did in the match afterwards.

It's hard to judge the quality of anyone playing against such poor opposition. I'll reserve judgement for after the Sharks match.
The Sharks are poor opposition as well currently. See how they go tomorrow.

Tigerm

First Grade
It was what it was. A win to prolong hope. Ref did all he could to get it interesting at the end (brooks sinbin, Simpkin penalised). It's a joke.

We lack the killer edge and could've won by 30, which would've helped our points differential.
But we never looked like losing the game.

Tiger05

First Grade
It’s a shame Musgrove has been injured so much, I think he is power forward we need.

If Musgrove can get his game together and stay fit I think our pack is looking really good. Our recruitment has been good. I know there will be whiners but f**k those guys.

Props:- Musgrove, Stef, Mikaele, Tamou, Seyfarth
Lock/Props:- Joe O, Twal, Tuki Simpkins
Edge Forwards:- Blore, Luc, Garner, Tuilagi

It's coming together nicely. Stef is a class prop in the comp based on his recent performances. Blore is coming on. Tuilagi can run a good line on an edge.

We've been run over the top of more than once this year but it was poor selections. I'm not knocking Madge for that. It's just our younger players are better than our senior players.

Jake Simpkins is also young and he may come good. Liddle may improve as well. These guys need time off the field though. They can't handle 80 minutes.

I thought we desperately needed edge forwards for next year but I'm not sure we do now.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Agree, but it was one of his best games for us?

He didn't make his typical 3 errors per game. He can run hard. He still made a glaring mistake defensively. There is something to work with though.

We need two centres though. Talau should be fighting for a spot.

simmo05

Bench
I remember Jason Taylor moving Kyle Lovett to the centre’s during a game, what a disaster that turned out to be, everyone could see it was not working bar that imbecile Taylor.
Wasn't it against the riff, and we had lowrance in the back row?

Pezz70

Juniors
On a positive note aside from his silly strip with a couple of minutes to go Brooks was ok last night, put in his usual couple of dud kicks but was pretty good with ball in hand, and pulled off some solid hits in defence (unlike Moses last night😂). I think the Brooks/Douiehi thing could work. Both played both sides quite a bit last night and there were passages that we looked ok. Dummy half service is still a problem, the first receiver is too wide and our dummy half passes don’t hit the mark often enough, it lets defences get in our face. It’s a subtle thing, watch closely Brooks and Douehi have to adjust to catch the ball nearly every time it goes to them, those fractions of a second make a big difference.

macnaz

Staff member
I'm still not convinced having Doueihi playing 6 as I feel he doesn't really have the footy iq to be playing that role. I think centre is his ideal position where he can play his own game without effecting our ball movement.
I really hope we don't lose Brooks , we seem to judge him harshly for his errors while ignoring his massive contributions in other areas of the ball and 2nd rower like defence. I'd really like to see him move to 6 and let Hastings take the reins & brains at 7 next year.

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm still not convinced having Doueihi playing 6 as I feel he doesn't really have the footy iq to be playing that role. I think centre is his ideal position where he can play his own game without effecting our ball movement.
I really hope we don't lose Brooks , we seem to judge him harshly for his errors while ignoring his massive contributions in other areas of the ball and 2nd rower like defence. I'd really like to see him move to 6 and let Hastings take the reins & brains at 7 next year.
Yeah, it’s going to be interesting how they handle the 3 of them next year?

Tiger05

First Grade

I'm not sure where these guys all fit in. AD has to be there and he has to be involved. I'm hopeful Hastings is going to be a quality NRL player which means he gets a spot. Brooks has got a lot of good stuff in his game.

Latest posts