What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Penrith @ BlueBet Stadium, Penrith / Dharug

Who will win? Round 22: Penrith v Newcastle

• Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Penrith Panthers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woody90

Juniors
He hasn't been in a contest all year. Hasn't found his legs this season at all. Complete contrast from last year where he exploded back onto the field.

I know we’re not meant to say anything negative about him here, and I do love the bloke, but we need to call a spade a spade here. I know he’s got shit players around him, but for his pay packet I want him at least trying to get involved as much as Gamble on 200k does.

Knight Tales

Bench
Effort has been top. Hetherington with near perfect kick pressure. So why not every week Jack? He actually did not make contact which is not like him at all.

perverse

Referee
I know we’re not meant to say anything negative about him here, and I do love the bloke, but we need to call a spade a spade here. I know he’s got shit players around him, but for his pay packet I want him at least trying to get involved as much as Gamble on 200k does.
We've obviously got much bigger issues, but yeah he's not been up to scratch this year. Dunno how he's feeling on that foot but he looks to be moving freely enough.

Apey

Staff member
Pongas form might be down this year but this is the first game where I feel like he's genuinely avoiding getting involved.

I’ll still watch. I won’t enjoy it, but here we are again.

AOB and Green are absolute morons if we try and play the same style against Penrith but we 100% will.
I think it's AOB

I watched an interview ( might have been Knights podcast) with Green - he's an impressive character, clear, precise, easy to understand and has good vision regards coaching.

I dare say polar opposite to AOB with his ummm and arrrrr, and constant garbled fidgeting messaging.

slotmachine

First Grade
Could be much worse I guess.

Another chapter in the book of crossland isn't a halfback.

We're completely f**ked in 2025 unless by some miracle Pezet decides to sign with this basket case, he hits the ground running after an ACL and the storm take pity on us and release him early.

perverse

Referee
Only thing I can come up with re Ponga is it’s coached. Don’t throw tricky pass because we might drop it. That might explain his lack of involvement and effort in attack.
We're coached to be an ugly team. Why would you give a bloke that plays attractive football the ball when you want to play ugly?

God, imagine looking your team in the face in the dressing sheds and telling them to play uglier. Like, I have no faith in your skills as footballers - you have to just play dogshit negative football and grind out your wins.

Woody90

Juniors
I think it's AOB

I watched an interview ( might have been Knights podcast) with Green - he's an impressive character, clear, precise, easy to understand and has good vision regards coaching.

I dare say polar opposite to AOB with his ummm and arrrrr, and constant garbled fidgeting messaging.

I used to think the same but before a game a few weeks back they interviewed Green and he was talking about how he wanted them to do those stupid uncontested kicks…so I don’t know anymore. I want to know how much the attacking “game plan” and attack structures are AOB vs Green. Either way it’s not working and the buck stops with AOB.

Woody90

Juniors
Could be much worse I guess.

Another chapter in the book of crossland isn't a halfback.

We're completely f**ked in 2025 unless by some miracle Pezet decides to sign with this basket case, he hits the ground running after an ACL and the storm take pity on us and release him early.

Gamblor needs to be halfback IMO.

I’m not sure all the Pezet talk is legit or just wishful thinking.

Yosh

Coach
Our forwards going pretty well up the middle but again boring kicks and boring shapes in attack. I reckon if we get our attack and kicking game in shape, we are going to be a top 3 defensive team.

Crossland is a NRL player but halfback he ain't. Gamble should be our 7.