What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 23: Eels v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
Got home from work and watched the game :grin:
So good to get, not only another win, but a win against a top 8 team who has been in good form.

Still Nutty

Juniors
I was questioning the short passing game at times but it really paid off. It's good to see them mix it up a bit.
Some of our last tackle options were questionable but regardless of that and what errors we made we didn't fall apart.
Our scramble back in defence was excellent.

but we had last tackle options because we completed sets....that's what I was saying at the start of this thread - if we learn to complete and maintain possession for at least an even share, we are capable of defending and scoring against any team in the comp.

Brown has built these playing foundations into this team and shown them how the top 4 teams consistently do this well for longer than their opponents and that is the baseline for being a competitive NRL team.

That they are developing this at a relatively young age for most of this squad, it bodes well for the sort of long term culture that will see us competing for a top 8 place sooner rather than later

We were all giving brock a hard time a month ago,he has proved us all wrong!great last few games from the young bloke .maybe we should just stick with brock and connor watson and let it develop.if we can start playing this well with our current roster imagine next year with our new signings.still need more foward depth though.

Joel-22

Juniors
I'm not putting pressure on the kid but Lamb could be anything. My only criticism of him was his running game and look how that's turned out....

Last edited:

Still Nutty

Juniors
In all fairness(and I've been one of his harshest critics) Hokko has been the perfect foil for Lamb over the past 3 weeks and played his part in these wins...I'm really happy to have Watson coming but I appreciate that Hokko has stepped up since his deserved dropping

Glendale

Juniors
I reckon main difference in Lamb last few weeks has been Brown has told him to keep his eyes up and look to run a bit more, earlier in the season he was pre-meditating what he was gonna do and wasn't taking the line on.

Pedge1971

First Grade
In all fairness(and I've been one of his harshest critics) Hokko has been the perfect foil for Lamb over the past 3 weeks and played his part in these wins...I'm really happy to have Watson coming but I appreciate that Hokko has stepped up since his deserved dropping

It helps both when your fwds are winning or at least holding their own in the middle.

If the storm win this weekend that basically guarantee the minor premiership. So heres hoping they rest a few key players so we dont get a touch up by them.for and against might just determine the spoon for us. Cant believe i saying this go manly:sweat_smile:

Noname36

First Grade
Where is Noname36?
He won't be too happy about Lamb!!
He probably praise Sione the last few weeks though!!

Why the f**k wouldn't I be happy? The kid has found a running game and more to his game recently which was my concern a few weeks back. You'll find very few Knights fans that don't get enjoyment out of seeing kids that have come through our system so well.

Such strange obsessive poster you are..

Spot On

Coach
Well, looking back now some were extremely concerned about throwing all the young and inexperienced lads into first grade before their time as the continual losing would wreck them for good apparently......

Nathan Brown = Legend

Michael Hagan should issue a written apology to be published in the Herald for the shit he dumped on Brown (and the club) in the public domain and admit he has now been taught what NRL cap and player management looks like.

He might also want to thank him for building something from the wreck he left.

Burwood

Bench
The only thing we'll hear from Michael Hagan this week is about how big a mistake it was to let Gagai go to Souths

In all fairness, he'll probably have a quote or two about offering Yates and Fitzgibbon whatever contract it takes to keep them both at the club.

Yosh

Coach
Guys... This is so weird... What's this feeling... Is this what it feels like to support a winning team? I haven't felt this in so long...

What a performance though. So happy we ended Parra's winning streak and we're slowly become one of the form teams of the comp. Let's keep this up and avoid the spoon boys!

Latest posts