What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 23: Eels v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 23
Parramatta Eels v Newcastle Knights
ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park (TICKETS)
Friday 11 August 2017

Gates 3:40pm / NYC 3:45pm / NRL 6pm (FOX)

PAR-17teamlist2.jpg

1. Bevan French 2. Semi Radradra 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Takairangi 5. Kirisome Auva'a 6. Corey Norman 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Siosaia Vave 9. Cameron King 10. Tim Mannah 11. Manu Ma'u 12. Tepai Moeroa 13. Nathan Brown
Interchange: 14. Daniel Alvaro 15. Kenny Edwards 16. Suaia Matagi 17. Peni Terepo 18. David Gower 19. Will Smith 20. Frank Pritchard 21. Josh Hoffman

NEW-17teamlist.jpg

1. Dane Gagai 2. Ken Sio 3. Joe Wardle 4. Peter Mata'utia 5. Shaun Kenny-dowall 6. Brock Lamb 7. Trent Hodkinson 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Jamie Buhrer 10. Josh King 11. Sione Mata'utia 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Mitchell Barnett
Interchange: 14. Danny Levi 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Sam Stone 17. Luke Yates 18. Jack Cogger 19. Mickey Paea 20. Brendan Elliott 21. Chanel Mata'utia

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Yellow.jpg

Referees: Henry Perenara, Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Ricky MacFarlane, Jason Walsh
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

NYC - Fri 3:45pm at ANZ

ISP - Knights away to Mounties (Raiders) at Aubrey Keech, Sat 3pm
Wenty (Eels) away to Warriors at Mt Smart, Sun 11:45am AEST (9:45am NZ, FOX)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Swarzey

Bench
I'm sure we'll play better than we have the last two weeks. Has felt like we've played better against plenty of top 8 teams. Can't see us getting the win given Parra's form. Away too.

Yosh

Coach
We've won 2 in a row so we're in for an off day. Our usually days are terrible losses so an off day for us is a win. 12-30 to us.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Regardless of the result, because this is a tough ask against a coach and team that are competing hard every week, as our major focus we need to try and maintain our consistency of completions and possession.

At 89% and 50% against the Warriors, they are the things that we need to start doing as a team on a weekly basis and that will see us in with a chance of not just competing but beating top 8 teams.

If we can go close to those numbers this week against a much more formidable opposition, I will be happy regardless of what the win/loss column shows at the end of the day because that is what we need to be learning how to do and I think the outcomes will flow from that.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Sorry, this was supposed to be an 'edit' not a reply

Regardless of the result, because this is a tough ask against a coach and team that are competing hard every week, as our major focus we need to try and maintain our consistency of completions and possession.

At 89% and 50% against the Warriors, they are the things that we need to start doing as a team on a weekly basis and that will see us in with a chance of not just competing but beating top 8 teams.

Not that I don't want another W but if we can go close to those numbers this week against a much more formidable opposition, I will be happy regardless of what the win/loss column shows at the end of the day because that is what we need to be learning how to do and that will be better for our long term development going into 2018

Pedge1971

First Grade
3 in a row? Surely not! I will take a yes vote and financial security for the club as this weeks good news. A win would be the cherry on top.

Yosh

Coach
The first time these clubs have met at ANZ since the 2001 grand final.

Lets hope same sort of ambush coming.

Does Joey have a spare 40 minutes on hand this weekend? Could sure use it. What's Steve Simpson up to? Just need him on our goal line.

Way way back in time when dinosaurs ruled the earth we were on fire if we won 3 in a row.
We'd often come up with two then a loss.
I can't see us winning this one but if we can improve we might shake them.
Our footy of late has been average but consistent over both halves. We'd need to lift to some of our first half performances and then stay in there.

Latest posts