What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Sydney @ Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park

Who will win? Round 23: Sydney v Wests Tigers

• Sydney Roosters 13+

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 23
Sydney Roosters v Wests Tigers
Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park, Moore Park (TICKETS)
Saturday 20 August 2022

NRL kickoff 7:35pm (9/Fox/Kayo)

SYD2022TEAM.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 20. Oliver Gildart 4. Joseph Manu 5. Joseph Suaalii 6. Luke Keary 7. Sam Walker 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Sam Verrills 10. Matthew Lodge 11. Angus Crichton 12. Nat Butcher 13. Victor Radley 14. Connor Watson 15. Egan Butcher 16. Drew Hutchison 17. Terrell May 18. Kevin Naiqama 19. Fletcher Baker

WST2022TEAM.png

1. Daine Laurie 2. Brent Naden 3. Starford To'a 4. Asu Kepaoa 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Adam Doueihi 7. Jock Madden 8. James Tamou 9. Fa'amanu Brown 10. Zane Musgrove 11. Luke Garner 12. Kelma Tuilagi 13. Joe Ofahengaue 14. Fonua Pole 15. Austin Dias 16. Thomas Freebairn 17. Alex Seyfarth 18. Jake Simpkin 21. Junior Pauga

A-REF-G-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: David Munro, Cameron Paddy
Video Referee: Chris Butler

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 -
North Sydney v Western Subs at NSO, Sunday - Cup 2pm
Sydney v Wests Tigers at Waverley, Sunday - Flegg 3pm​

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Good to see some reserve forwards getting a go?

But, don’t we have any backs worthy of a go?

Easts are on fire, we are dire as usual, not going to be pretty.

MasterTiger

Juniors
For some stupid reason I think we may have a slight chance. The coaching staff will hopefully try to instil in WT players that the Roosters need this and they will approach it with sudden death finals footy. So WT players here is a chance to experience that type of game intensity. Hopefully they will want to and play their part. Got a feeling this will be a good game.

Tiger Ted

Bench
For some stupid reason I think we may have a slight chance. The coaching staff will hopefully try to instil in WT players that the Roosters need this and they will approach it with sudden death finals footy. So WT players here is a chance to experience that type of game intensity. Hopefully they will want to and play their part. Got a feeling this will be a good game.
The rorters own us plus they are peaking at business end.We are deplorably shithouse & r not worthy of playing in the NRL.They will put 50+ on us.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Hargraves alone will destroy our feeble pack. Then Keary can link up Tedesco, Manu, Sualii for a feast. I think this, fittingly, could be a cricket score at the SCG.

To ease the pain, I'm going to captain Manu for my supercoach prelim.

Where there’s life there’s a chance.

The roosters will think they have this won already.

Some internal issues as they are offloading players. Blood everywhere in that club.

We need our High Intensity game.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Roosters have storm and south’s after us so they will not take this game lightly at all

A win over us secures them a finals berth. It’d be nice to f**k them over but this has ugly written all over it

I agree wth everyone else. This will be a massive carve up. The rorters have been poor in defence this year, by their standards. I'd be surprised if this hasn't been the sole focus for them all week. Without Hastings, our attack looks like an old drunk boatie who's fallen asleep at the tiller. If we get a shot at penalty goal at any stage of the match we have to take it.

Not to mention Ben Cummins is the ref for the second week in a row. That arse clown who reffed the Cowboys game is in the bunker..........

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Do the admins come back and update the team lists after they are announced?
Have Tigers management updated our center of excellence that Benji won a grand final with the Wests Tigers not St George?

Great attention to detail from club management. I wonder how many in senior positions walked past it several times and didn't notice or know that it was wrong before proudly showing it of to the media.

MasterTiger

Juniors
I must be a masochist. I’ll be watching and looking for effort. Before you all jump down my throat let me explain. I’ll be watching closely to determine the players who give a f..k and the ones who don’t. My
attitude is hunger. Hunger to put a dent in in the Roosters top 8 plans. Hunger to win. Hunger to show critics both supporters and others to get stuffed.

Have Tigers management updated our center of excellence that Benji won a grand final with the Wests Tigers not St George?

Great attention to detail from club management. I wonder how many in senior positions walked past it several times and didn't notice or know that it was wrong before proudly showing it of to the media.
That was hard to believe, even for us. I'd like to know just how many people were involved from the start of that to people walking past before the doors opened.

It's an easy mistake to make. He's only been our greatest player. To think someone employed by the club didn't know he was a Tiger in 2005. Faarrkkk me.

No attention to detail.
No care factor.
No no one even stopped to read it.
No wonder the club's f**ked