What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 24 vs Canterbury @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 24: Newcastle v Canterbury

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
Not sure if anyone's noticed, but this is just about the strongest Dogs lineup this year.. Liam Thompson is back, plus new signing Liam Knight.

Burton and Sexton could be a nice combo for them in the halves.

This game worries me more than the Dolphins did.

Woody90

Juniors
Just been over at the kennel having a read of the comedy gold they come up with... LOLView attachment 77858View attachment 77859View attachment 77860

It’s literally my favourite forum. I read it even when we’re not playing them lol.

They’re a good chance of winning, but let’s be honest, that’s more likely due to us not being able to stay at the current level and playing poorly than their side smashing us like they’re expecting. We don’t have one of the top rosters in the comp, but it is better than the Bulldogs even with injuries.

perverse

Referee
Not sure if anyone's noticed, but this is just about the strongest Dogs lineup this year.. Liam Thompson is back, plus new signing Liam Knight.

Burton and Sexton could be a nice combo for them in the halves.

This game worries me more than the Dolphins did.
I don't think Kikau was in the lineup last match either was he?

This is a danger game for sure. They'll be fired up big time after the drubbing we gave them last time. Could be a tougher match than last week. We're weak in the middle at full strength, let alone with no Safs, so yeah... I see this as a real trouble match for us.

mozza91

Coach
It’s only a danger game if we make it so by not being up for it. They’ve got some forwards back but they’ll be underdone. If we start strongly I think we’ll win comfortably

perverse

Referee
It’s only a danger game if we make it so by not being up for it. They’ve got some forwards back but they’ll be underdone. If we start strongly I think we’ll win comfortably
I mean, it wouldn't be like us to be not up for a game after a string of wins would it? lol.

Honestly, you rarely see a footy team that doesn't have a game where they don't really show up after a string of wins. I'm kinda hoping they got that out of their system last week to be honest, but it's hard not to worry about the middle when our pack is so light and theirs has reinforcements.

We should win, but I'm not taking anything for granted either.

Apey

Staff member
Yeah we're gunna lose aren't we? Lots of heavy favourites this round, the first 7 favourites will win and everyone will be relying on us for their perfect round... oh boy.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Another ruthless effort and display would be the best outcome. Simply have zero concern for the fortunes of our opponents. We need to be at that level where sides know if they are just little Off we can put them away. To be any chance in the finals you have to creat anxiety in Your opponent when things go against them. You cannot wait around hoping it falls your way.

perverse

Referee
Another ruthless effort and display would be the best outcome. Simply have zero concern for the fortunes of our opponents. We need to be at that level where sides know if they are just little Off we can put them away. To be any chance in the finals you have to creat anxiety in Your opponent when things go against them. You cannot wait around hoping it falls your way.
People would have said that about us just over a month ago. Rugby League isn't as linear as that. Upsets happen, and most teams can show up on a day and put in a performance. The Dogs have won 7 games this year so far and if you have a look over the team, there's some quality players in there.

The truth is a lot of Rugby League matches are won by the team that wants it more. Last time we played them, we had a lot on the line. We should win it on paper, for sure. It's not going to be a massive shock to me if the Dogs show up and play it like their grand final though.

Frederick

Staff member
I don't think Kikau was in the lineup last match either was he?

This is a danger game for sure. They'll be fired up big time after the drubbing we gave them last time. Could be a tougher match than last week. We're weak in the middle at full strength, let alone with no Safs, so yeah... I see this as a real trouble match for us.
Jacobs playing

Jono078

Referee
NBN news indicating today AOB is playing “the long game” by resting some players against the Dogs. All well and good but if we lose against the dogs there is no long game..

Woody90

Juniors
NBN news indicating today AOB is playing “the long game” by resting some players against the Dogs. All well and good but if we lose against the dogs there is no long game..

NBN have definitely gotten the wrong end of that. That wasn’t at all what he actually said in his presser today. They’re not being rested, they’re injured. He said that he’d named both the Safs and wanted to give them right up until Saturday to prove their fitness and get them into the side.

He said Best wasn’t happy about not playing but he’s an injury prone 21 year old with a hamstring injury. Force the issue now when he’s not right and it could be really costly.

Latest posts