What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 24 vs Storm @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 24: Knights v Storm

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Melbourne Storm 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knightmare

Coach
Today we saw the difference between a team unable to spend the cap vs a team who can spend what they like, cop a slap on the wrist and keep everything bar the silverware.

Go whoever plays the Storm in the GF. Watching Captain Cleanskin with that used car salesman grin of his is AIDS...

Old dog

Juniors
Was very disappointed that Hodko didn't step up when Lamb injured and then off. It is times like today that you expect your senior experienced player to step up.

K-Man

Bench
Was very disappointed that Hodko didn't step up when Lamb injured and then off. It is times like today that you expect your senior experienced player to step up.

That's weird, I thought Hardcore_Fan said Hodko was the man steering the ship already and Lamb was just feeding off all Hodko's control, composure and experience.

Hodko was useless today and didn't even pretend to step up when Lamb started struggling with his injury then went off.

Old dog

Juniors
So the loss today is all hokkos fault. Cool.
No, but he didn't front up, they lost for many reasons including being outplayed over the park, just disappointing he didn't take more responsibility. Seems he is happy in his role but when it changes he doesn't adjust to the needs,

Swarzey

Bench
Maybe it was already being three beers deep by the time Lamb got injured but I didn't think we were woeful. Just we came up against Melbourne, a team who knows how to make the most of their opportunities which we just granted them too many of. Some poor defensive reads didn't help but I didn't feel we were suddenly worse than we have been the last three weeks.

Today was just a reality check of where we are and how much further we need to go to be the team that we want to be, the team we think we're building towards. Sucks but it is what it is. Still hold hope we can jag another win or two against Raiders and Sharks.

Old dog

Juniors
With Lamb out someone has to step up leaving reserves short one of better players, it's a matter of where it will hurt

mozza91

Coach
With Lamb out someone has to step up leaving reserves short one of better players, it's a matter of where it will hurt
Cogger deserves a crack. Would bring him and Feeney back and send the Plod back where he belongs.

Old dog

Juniors
No reserves next week??? So I guess whoever comes up doesn't hurt until following game, or have I got that wrong.. Very much like Buhrers role with Levi, don't want to see that changed.

Knightmare

Coach
The lack of a kicking game in the second half was costly. Like, the Storm being penalised because reasons pretty much snuffed any chance of a comeback out for the Knights, but how many times in that game were they left holding the ball on the 5th tackle? Absolutely no pressure at the end of sets...

Old dog

Juniors
Didn't think we were to bad at half time with the wind second half, were still in it but losing Lamb with injury, not kicking, passenger, Hodko MIA, think if it wasn't for the injury we would have given them a better contest, not unhappy with overall effort.

Latest posts