What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 24 vs Warriors @ FMG Stadium Waikato, Hamilton / Aotearoa

Who will win? Round 24: Wests Tigers v Warriors

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 13+

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gordsy

Juniors
Lauries been good, I would have been happy to keep him, we still haven’t won a game he’s played in though.
I know it's not what you meant but we wouldn't be resigning anyone if we use that criteria haha

If we are going to piss Blore off at years end why play him ???
Surely we have a kid we can throw in for a few games, not like we've had a hope of making the finals for weeks now.

I get Sheensys point re the difference between losing and getting beat but both roads still lead to no points. Also at what point do you stop saying, no luck bad calls bounce of the ball and start laying the blame of losing at the players feet. I know we have gotten a stack of shit calls but so do other teams and they manage to win plenty of close games whilst we win none.

Tigerm

First Grade
Lauries been good, I would have been happy to keep him, we still haven’t won a game he’s played in though.
Wizardman:
Good to see him finish well......but I won't miss him next year.

I understand your points, but who have we got next year for a 5/8?

Front-Rower

First Grade
I get Sheensys point re the difference between losing and getting beat but both roads still lead to no points. Also at what point do you stop saying, no luck bad calls bounce of the ball and start laying the blame of losing at the players feet. I know we have gotten a stack of shit calls but so do other teams and they manage to win plenty of close games whilst we win none.
It’s the same excuses, sorry I mean reasons, but there are no excuses as when he was he last time. At least hopefully at the end of next year he sails off into the sunset never to heard from again.

Tigerm

First Grade
Surely the Warriors 3rd try wasn’t grounded correctly. But great effort though.
Just seen this DWZ try on TWT Instagram, but can’t copy and paste.

It‘s from a Twitter site, Westslifepod, I’m not on Twitter, so if anyone is, maybe they could c&p to here, there is plenty of doubt in it? Won’t say it cost us a win, but we’ll never know.

It‘s from a Twitter site, Westslifepod, I’m not on Twitter, so if anyone is, maybe they could c&p to here, there is plenty of doubt in it? Won’t say it cost us a win, but we’ll never know.
I generally look at the difference in scores to see the impact.

But of course, a try should never be awarded on the basis of a showcase or “ bears dancing on barrels” as @Das Hassler argued a few years ago.

Off to the USA next season, that’s not about the sport really. It’s all about the lucrative American gambling market. Far from ideal preparation. It’s hard to think of more troublesome distractions for players and officials.

Great physicality, wonderful skills, the defiance of physics, greatest motor coordination of all time….

But it was effing illegal.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

Around the 1m50s mark.

Around the 1m50s mark.
It’s some distance from being a try, but this is the way of the game these days.

All the tech and the rest, stupid rules about what the bunker can and cannot rule on.

And every time there’s a successful challenge, that’s an official error.

Im not having a go at the refs, but I’m open to more and better ways of getting decision right.

Tigerm

First Grade