What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 24 vs Warriors @ FMG Stadium Waikato, Hamilton / Aotearoa

Who will win? Round 24: Wests Tigers v Warriors

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 13+

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 24
Wests Tigers v Warriors
FMG Stadium Waikato, Hamilton / Aotearoa, Hamilton (TICKETS)
Saturday 12 August 2023

Gates 4:30pm NZT
NSW Cup 5pm NZT
NRL kickoff 7:30pm NZT
Broadcast live on Fox League and Kayo Sports at 5:30pm AEST

WST2022TEAM.png

1. Jahream Bula 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Starford To'a 4. Asu Kepaoa 5. Junior Tupou 6. Daine Laurie 7. Luke Brooks 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. John Bateman 13. Fonua Pole 14. Jake Simpkin 15. Alex Seyfarth 16. Alex Twal 17. Shawn Blore 18. Justin Matamua 19. Aitasi James 20. Triston Reilly 21. Josh Feledy 22. Kit Laulilii

Out: Charlie Staines (wing), Justin Matamua (bench), Aitasi James (bench)
In: Asu Kepaoa (centre), Stefano Utoikamanu (front row), Shawn Blore (bench)
Changes: Junior Tupou (centre to wing), Alex Twal (front row to bench)

WAR2022TEAM.png

1. Taine Tuaupiki 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Rocco Berry 4. Adam Pompey 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Luke Metcalf 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Wayde Egan 10. Mitchell Barnett 11. Jackson Ford 12. Marata Niukore 13. Tohu Harris 14. Dylan Walker 15. Jazz Tevaga 16. Bayley Sironen 17. Josh Curran 18. Freddy Lussick 20. Edward Kosi 21. Bunty Afoa 22. Viliami Vailea 23. Ronald Volkman

Out: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad (fullback)
Changes: Taine Tuaupiki (activated 18th player to fullback)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Chris Sutton
Video Referee: Matt Noyen

STATE LEAGUES
NSW Cup: Western Suburbs^ v Warriors at FMG Stadium Waikato, Sat 3pm AEST​

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
With Laurie out, maybe To'a will go back to 6 and Feledy might get a run in the centres.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
1. Jahream Bula 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Starford To'a 4. Asu Kepaoa 5. Junior Tupou 6. Daine Laurie 7. Luke Brooks 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. John Bateman 13. Fonua Pole

14. Jake Simpkin 15. Alex Seyfarth 16. Alex Twal 17. Shawn Blore

18. Justin Matamua 19. Aitasi James 20. Triston Reilly 21. Josh Feledy 22. Kit Laulilii

Out: Charlie Staines (wing), Justin Matamua (bench), Aitasi James (bench)
In: Asu Kepaoa (centre), Stefano Utoikamanu (front row), Shawn Blore (bench)
Changes: Junior Tupou (centre to wing), Alex Twal (front row to bench)

Nutz

Bench
With Laurie out, maybe To'a will go back to 6 and Feledy might get a run in the centres.
To'a didn't go well at ⅝ mate but agree that we have nothing to lose (maybe pride) and all to gain by giving Josh 4 games or so in the centres before a big off season with the lads.

Nutz

Bench
NRL: NZ Warriors wary of pitch invasions during 'home away from home' clash with Wests Tigers at Hamilton......maybe if there is a mass invasion when we are destined to lose so the game is called off.
Winning the easy way.
It also looks like a few of the boys are glad to be back home. Don't get too close to dem spears boys.

I said a few weeks ago we should be looking to blood a few youngsters and fringies for next year. Some folk agreed.

Tim is supposed to train everyone for two roles, we know Bula can play fullback, I wouldn’t mind seeing where else he can play.

This is in accordance with my general belief that good players can multitask!

Brooks and the lads going, no point wasting their spot atm. Give it to someone who’s committed to our club and/or has worked hard down below. Particularly a kid. It’s a big deal to reach nrl level. To compete with the best in the world. A dream come true.

Instead, Tim and co are looking for the miracle number 4. Even in the remote chance that we win, that’s an exceptional outcome and goes against the grain.

And what does it prove at this point of the season?

The back end of this miserable season, it should be used wisely and constructively. Why use players that are on their way out?

And if we use fringies and youngsters, there’s at least some excuse for the Tim and Benji coaching circus of Vanity- for the impending loss or slaughter.

Just when we thought the season can’t get any worse.

I don’t understand how we can keep smacking our heads up against the wall and not drop dead.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I don't think I've seen Laurie play this year, he's no (first pick) fullback, but he went pretty good tonight at 5/8? We need halves for next year.

Just wondering how our brains trust didn't know this before they let him go back to the panthers?
Backing up my point?

LAURIE’S STUNNING DISPLAY

Tigers playmaker Daine Laurie gave Panthers fans a glimpse of what they can expect in 2024, with the merger club allowing the five-eighth to depart next season.

The 24-year-old was the Tigers’ best in the first half and set up two tries within two minutes, putting both Starford To’a and Luke Brooks through to score.

His running game proved lethal and in his second effort he burned the Warriors’ defence with some dazzling footwork.

“Laurie, he just shows to the out. He’s got some speed… he just explodes, wow he can motor,” Shane Flanagan said.

“It’s the one person who has got involved, off his 40 metre line… just exploded through the gap.”

While the Tigers are battling for the wooden spoon, Laurie will join the reigning premiers next season as a replacement for outgoing halfback Jack Cogger.

Mal Meninga said Laurie was “everywhere” and he finished with two try assists to go with a four-pointer of his own.

Backing up my point?

LAURIE’S STUNNING DISPLAY

Tigers playmaker Daine Laurie gave Panthers fans a glimpse of what they can expect in 2024, with the merger club allowing the five-eighth to depart next season.

The 24-year-old was the Tigers’ best in the first half and set up two tries within two minutes, putting both Starford To’a and Luke Brooks through to score.

His running game proved lethal and in his second effort he burned the Warriors’ defence with some dazzling footwork.

“Laurie, he just shows to the out. He’s got some speed… he just explodes, wow he can motor,” Shane Flanagan said.

“It’s the one person who has got involved, off his 40 metre line… just exploded through the gap.”

While the Tigers are battling for the wooden spoon, Laurie will join the reigning premiers next season as a replacement for outgoing halfback Jack Cogger.

Mal Meninga said Laurie was “everywhere” and he finished with two try assists to go with a four-pointer of his own.

I don’t think Laurie has been our best player this year.

I think this is another example of a player having a few good games and low and behold he’s Cameron Munster!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lauries been good, I would have been happy to keep him, we still haven’t won a game he’s played in though.

Latest posts