What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Cronulla @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 25: Newcastle v Cronulla

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 13+

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BWNB

First Grade
You guys think I'm shitting you but these are games the sharks would typically bottle, hence the prediction.

PhilGould

Bench
If you want proof that AOB isn't the one making contract decisions look no further than Simi Sasagi. Signed a 2-year extension not long ago but can't get a run handful of proven plodders, most of whom won't even be here next year. There are obvious weaknesses in his game as there are with every young player but he's one of the few in the squad who looks like he can beat a defender 1 on 1, and IMO he's the most natural fit in attack for what AOB has been trying to manufacture from his locks.

The silver lining is sticking with his "proven" players over looking to the future is a clear sign he's not at all confident in his own job security. Ironically had he tried more youth or at least experimented with the clearly broken areas of the team over the past month or so he'd probably have more of an excuse when his team does things like lose to the Titans with 12 players.

Last edited:
Despite how poor I think he is, I would have rather seen Hoy at 6 and dunno who at fullback.
Shame Barnett doesn't get a last home game.

Jono078

Referee
Why the f**k has Randall been called up? Also why is Johns getting this game over the likes of Sasagi when he's not even under contract next year? Actually is Randall even contracted for next year.

I feel I've been saying this for 20 straight weeks now, but the mind f**king boggles... And I didn't even address the halves pairing!

Old dog

Juniors
Why the f**k has Randall been called up? Also why is Johns getting this game over the likes of Sasagi when he's not even under contract next year? Actually is Randall even contracted for next year.

I feel I've been saying this for 20 straight weeks now, but the mind f**king boggles... And I didn't even address the halves pairing!
Randall is in because Crossland is starting Mann is out bring in favourite best trainer No3
Think both Johns and Randall are signed for next year, only Musgrove, Saulo and Crosslands not

Loose Cannon

Bench
Trying to find logic within the madness that is AOB's tactical mind will drive you to the psych ward mate.
TBF, he had to scrape up replacements for such perennial first-stringers the likes of Kurt Mann and Lachlan Fitzgibbbon.

And we wonder why depth is an issue!

Jono078

Referee
Hoy
Crossland
Clune
Randall

There were have it folks. The absolute worst spine ever named in first grade rugby league. Drink it in boys, it doesn't get any worse than this
Good lord. And 3 aren’t on the books for next year? 😂