What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 27 vs Dolphins @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 27: Newcastle v Dolphins

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dolphins 1-12

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Dolphins 13+

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woody90

Juniors
Obviously we’re not much chance next weekend but I reckon we’ll play a lot better. There was a lot of pressure on us today but nobody will expect us to win next week all the pressure will be on the Cows.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Finals type game with not many points scored.
Impressed we held them to 0 for most of the game and we did enough to hold on when they threw caution to the wind in the last 20 minutes.
Well done boys.
Bring on the finals.

Rod

Bench
Pretty hilarious we're in the 8 but we've said all along that's at least a top 8 level defence and they showed it today. Mostly very good decisions and it forced the Dolphins into a bunch of mistakes late as they tried to push passes. TBH it's a good blueprint for finals footy.

Sometimes it's all Ponga but the forwards laid the platform today. Very good games from all of them. If they play as a unit like that we're a chance next week.

perverse

Referee
Pretty hilarious we're in the 8 but we've said all along that's at least a top 8 level defence and they showed it today. Mostly very good decisions and it forced the Dolphins into a bunch of mistakes late as they tried to push passes. TBH it's a good blueprint for finals footy.

Sometimes it's all Ponga but the forwards laid the platform today. Very good games from all of them. If they play as a unit like that we're a chance next week.
I would say the forwards had the game they did on the back of the insane work of Marzhew. That was an immense game from Greg.

Alex28

Coach
Can't believe we're the 8th best team after 27 rounds lol.
It was always in us. It says a damn lot about the boys resilience. Injuries, the start of a major restructure where some of them won’t be here in the future - they knuckled down and got it done.

Good on them.

Apey

Staff member
Our defence has been pretty good all season. Especially how much we put it under pressure with our inept attack and kicking game.

We can give Cowboys a shake if we can get our attack right. As right as it can be with the players available.

Alex28

Coach
I’ll give him credit I’m impressed he’s been able to keep the morale up with so many being tapped on the shoulder. We’ve 100% regressed this year but we were the only team fighting for the 8 that didn’t capitulate.
It wasn’t bait. I just don’t know if we’ve ever done it to be honest. Perhaps not even during the Joey era…

Forget that - we made it consecutively from 1997 to 2003.

It certainly has to be our most successful stretch outside of that - as sad as it is.

We have the base of a pretty good squad. Need to get rid of a few and add a few, but the future is looking good.

Last edited:

Latest posts