What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 27 vs Parramatta @ Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah / Dharawal

Who will win? Round 27: Wests Tigers v Parramatta

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Parramatta Eels 1-12

• Parramatta Eels 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.
One of his better interviews thanks TM.

A couple of standout points such as his understanding of the coaches role is now very different from what it was.

I agree with him that first grade offers the opportunity for the education of youngsters, but there’s a price to be paid now and imho not every kid will pull through. So juggling that is tricky and at our risk.

He speaks again about his rookie year and the assumption here that he will get further years as this is the first.

He said if you’re good enough you’re old enough, but at the moment, he doesn’t really seem good enough to be the fg coach I am totally at ease with, but members don’t make decisions.

I’m in agreement with him about the benefits for the players to experience a sold out clutch game.

Hes in concert with Feledy about one of the motivations for the game being the fans, but he missed the chance to talk up the members.

So Richo portrays us as members as all important and vip and everything, but it’s not over-emphasised by Benji and players. A bit of a disconnect there.

I’ve already raised this with Richo but he hasn’t kept pressing for it.

We should have a convoy of membership vans at the ready…if we jag the win!

There’s some other stuff I will raise only after spoon bowl.

We need to win this, it’s all quite obvious, and win it, we f**king will.

Benji is doing a great job at looking relaxed, credit to him for that portrayal.
I’d prefer he looked a bit more nervous lol. So much at stake. Excellent.

I’m not sure I can watch it on live TV. Too Terrified and anxious!

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
I'm predicting neither team knows how to win.
If the NRL gave the ref orders that the game with not stop until there's a result I can see everyone going home at midnight with the play still going and in the morning when the cleaners come in they find 34 players and the ref's spread all over the oval unconscious from exhaustion.
A quick look up to the scoreboard and this is why....
SmartSelect_20240905_205850_Edge.jpg

Tigerm

Coach
One of his better interviews thanks TM.

A couple of standout points such as his understanding of the coaches role is now very different from what it was.

I agree with him that first grade offers the opportunity for the education of youngsters, but there’s a price to be paid now and imho not every kid will pull through. So juggling that is tricky and at our risk.

He speaks again about his rookie year and the assumption here that he will get further years as this is the first.

He said if you’re good enough you’re old enough, but at the moment, he doesn’t really seem good enough to be the fg coach I am totally at ease with, but members don’t make decisions.

I’m in agreement with him about the benefits for the players to experience a sold out clutch game.

Hes in concert with Feledy about one of the motivations for the game being the fans, but he missed the chance to talk up the members.

So Richo portrays us as members as all important and vip and everything, but it’s not over-emphasised by Benji and players. A bit of a disconnect there.

I’ve already raised this with Richo but he hasn’t kept pressing for it.

We should have a convoy of membership vans at the ready…if we jag the win!

There’s some other stuff I will raise only after spoon bowl.

We need to win this, it’s all quite obvious, and win it, we f**king will.

Benji is doing a great job at looking relaxed, credit to him for that portrayal.
I’d prefer he looked a bit more nervous lol. So much at stake. Excellent.

I’m not sure I can watch it on live TV. Too Terrified and anxious!
Yeah, thank f**k for Kayo.

At the end of the day, it's all about results, he said the same.

If he doesn't deliver next season, he will be under pressure to go.

In saying that, the team has won more games this year, than the last few years and under enormous problems with suspensions and injuries, could still get 3 in a row, which hasn't happened since 2018.

So there are some things to make me confident of next year, especially some of the signings we have achieved.

They have debunked the "bottom clubs, can't attract players" theory, imo.

Nutz

Bench
Yeah, thank f**k for Kayo.

At the end of the day, it's all about results, he said the same.

If he doesn't deliver next season, he will be under pressure to go.

In saying that, the team has won more games this year, than the last few years and under enormous problems with suspensions and injuries, could still get 3 in a row, which hasn't happened since 2018.

So there are some things to make me confident of next year, especially some of the signings we have achieved.

They have debunked the "bottom clubs, can't attract players" theory, imo.
I think Richo is the key ingredient here. I'm sure he's got the personality to engage with managers and get a fair deal.
Also it's a touchy feely RL world these days and the young coaches seem to be the flavour of the month. Benji could come thru this ok. Fingers crossed he goes OK.