What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 4 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 4: Wests Tigers v Eels

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
Wests Tigers v Parramatta Eels, 4pm Monday at ANZ Stadium

Wests Tigers: 1 Corey Thompson, 2 David Nofoaluma, 3 Esan Marsters, 4 Kevin Naiqama, 5 Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, 6 Benji Marshall (c), 7 Luke Brooks, 8 Russell Packer, 9 Pita Godinet, 10 Ben Matulino, 11 Chris Lawrence, 12 Robbie Rochow, 13 Matthew Eisenhuth

Interchange: 14 Matt McIlwrick, 15 Alex Twal, 16 Michael Chee Kam, 17 Josh Aloiai

Reserves: 18 Tyson Gamble, 19 Tim Grant, 20 Jacob Liddle, 21 Tuimoala Lolohea

The Tigers have named the same 17 that narrowly lost to Brisbane last week, with Pita Godinet named to start at hooker after coming off the bench last week.

Eels: 1 Will Smith, 2 George Jennings, 3 Michael Jennings, 4 Kirisome Auva'a, 5 Josh Hoffman 6 Corey Norman, 7 Mitchell Moses, 8 Daniel Alvaro, 9 Kaysa Pritchard, 10 Tim Mannah (c), 11 Manu Ma'u, 12 Tepai Moeroa, 13 Nathan Brown

Interchange: 14 Beau Scott, 15 Kenny Edwards, 16 Peni Terepo, 17 Tony Williams

Reserves: 18 Cameron King, 19 Suaia Matagi, 20 David Gower, 21 Marata Niukore

The Eels have made a host of changes after three straight defeats. Bevan French (shoulder) and Jarryd Hayne (hip) are out through injury, with Will Smith and George Jennings joining the backline and Kirisome Auva'a shifting to centre. Kaysa Pritchard, Peni Terepo and Tony Williams replace Cameron King, Suaia Matagi and Kane Evans in the 17.

------------------------------------------------------

no way we'll be 1-17

I reckon Liddle and Tui come in, just not sure who for. could be a decent reshuffle

gee parra's team look ordinary, thats gotta be the worst prop rotation in the game, but you know they'll be fired up. watch that spastic t-rex have his one good game of the year against us like usual

Perth Tiger

Bench
gee parra's team look ordinary, thats gotta be the worst prop rotation in the game, but you know they'll be fired up. watch that spastic t-rex have his one good game of the year against us like usual

Yeah we all know it is coming. Christ how many careers have we made for players who only seem to perform against us

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm also worried about T-Rex. I saw him at the shops a while back and he is freaken huge. He is a spastic but when he plays well (for about 20 minutes a season) he is unstoppable.

Clifferd

Coach
Agree about Liddle, not sure why he is seen as the answer to the 9 spot. TBF I don't see that many games, but he didn't light up my eyes from the games I seen him play.
When did he get injured, has he been out long?

Watch his u20s highlights from I think about 2 years ago. Shredded that competition a new asshole, hence why he’s talked up so much

Hasn’t been given a long enough stint in 1st grade to really be judged yet. Always injured

simmo05

Bench
Watch his u20s highlights from I think about 2 years ago. Shredded that competition a new asshole, hence why he’s talked up so much

Hasn’t been given a long enough stint in 1st grade to really be judged yet. Always injured
That try against the dragoons where he ran through half the side! If he can get on the paddock for a decent amount of time he will give us plenty of spark. There is a reason bellamy is still after him. Dont give them scumbags another future champion Ivan!

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’ll be pretty disappointed if we don’t win this. It’s the weakest team we’ve played against on paper and if Liddle/Tui are available for selection the strongest squad we’ve had to pick from.

They’ve definitely got some dangerous players. Jennings, Norman and Moses can all be brilliant on their day. Smith went pretty good for them last year and in the corresponding game last year Pritchard was really quick out of dunnyhalf. Otherwise looking at the pack, it’s bog average. We should be able to get on top of them in the forwards pretty easily. Unless there’s another 18-8 penalty count against they won’t be marching downfield too easily.

Re Liddle, he isn’t a superstar but it’s more so that both Godinet/McIllwrick have been disappointing. The service, particularly to the halves in the 20, has been the biggest reason our attack has been so poor imo. Liddle has a great passing game and also runs regularly which keeps the markers interested.

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
That try against the dragoons where he ran through half the side! If he can get on the paddock for a decent amount of time he will give us plenty of spark. There is a reason bellamy is still after him. Dont give them scumbags another future champion Ivan!

Rewatched his highlights, really reminded me of a young in form Farah tbh. I really hope he comes good

Shredder

Juniors
This is the kind of game we really just need to win.

After the start we have had, getting a mid (at best) team is great timing for us. Hopefully we see if our attack works this weekend.

phenisha

Juniors
agreed, we have seen how we go when we are expected to lose, this week will show us how we perform when expected to win, and win well.

stryker

First Grade
Relax guys...we can not attack worse than we did against the donkeys. It is impossible - and we were still in it for the win. We'll pants this mob by 20.

BrotherJim05

Bench
We had to bash our way to victory against Roosters and Storm, which was why it was such a low scoring affair with pretty ordinary attack. Broncos came ready to beat us into the ground, and to their credit they gave us an arm wrestle I don't think we were quite ready for (hence the error riddled game).

I don't think the Eels have the steel to match our intensity across the park. They may be down and filthy but coming off that Broncos game we are just plain furious. I'm predicting a tight first half then we blow them away in the last 20

super_coach

First Grade
These are the hardest games to win. Playing a team who are struggling and getting flak from everywhere,bouncing back from a game where you were hard done by and for the first time this year most people would expect us to win.

Such a important game, win this and we should end up around 4 from 8 or better through our horror 8 week stretch, and if you said that a month ago people would have said your mad. If we drop this game who knows we could end up 2 from 8 and that would be disastrous.

Not confident..but Iam a negative person!!

Tiger Ted

Bench
These are the hardest games to win. Playing a team who are struggling and getting flak from everywhere,bouncing back from a game where you were hard done by and for the first time this year most people would expect us to win.

Such a important game, win this and we should end up around 4 from 8 or better through our horror 8 week stretch, and if you said that a month ago people would have said your mad. If we drop this game who knows we could end up 2 from 8 and that would be disastrous.

Not confident..but Iam a negative person!!
I’m certainly hearing you.Its such an important game for us after getting robbed last week & also coz we have a 5 day turnaround vs 8 days for the storm in the return match in NZ where they will b desperate to make amends for the defeat by us at home when they were supposed to b celebrating a major milestone for their greatest ever back.

I can c us beating parra comfortably or losing in a close one where goal kicking proves to b the difference.

Latest posts