What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton

Who will win? Round 5: Brisbane v Wests Tigers

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
At least it made clear my explanation involving AD and the last line of defence, for a couple that needed to see it

WA Tiger

Bench
Yea Nah not boasting, I mean whoever’s seen Brisbane play with Walsh out the back..not many predicted a great win..just clarifying regarding AD at fullback and how he should be at centre from 3 weeks ago ..We’ve seen a couple of those AD shoulder charge bounce off thingy specials as last line of defence, for the last two games. He’s one of those players that will make it look like he’s trying, but make sure he’s not in a position where he can stop the player, just so he he doesn’t take the full brunt of the body hit ....and he’s by himself for doing that. I’m sure there will be more of the same next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Yea Nah not boasting, I mean whoever’s seen Brisbane play with Walsh out the back..not many predicted a great win..just clarifying regarding AD at fullback and how he should be at centre from 3 weeks ago ..We’ve seen a couple of those AD shoulder charge bounce off thingy specials as last line of defence, for the last two games. He’s one of those players that will make it look like he’s trying but make sure he’s not in a position where he can stop the player just so he he doesn’t take the full brunt of the body hit ....And I’m sure there will be more of the same next couple of weeks.

Right you are WA, no criticism levelled.

I called the winless season after round 3. I’ll be boasting to an ant if that transpires.

Tim’s been tinkering around with the squad, fair enough, but the calls have been mostly wrong.

And I’m afraid our coaching staff aren’t up to it either. They aren’t instilling any resilience and imho even the pack was on a bit of a holiday yesterday.

We don’t create any pressure, we run in the slow motion.

There was some kind of pulse in rounds 1-3 but that’s looking like some kind of ancient history.

Maybe Tim goes back to round 1 starting side?

WA Tiger

Bench
Right you are WA, no criticism levelled.

I called the winless season after round 3. I’ll be boasting to an ant if that transpires.

Tim’s been tinkering around with the squad, fair enough, but the calls have been mostly wrong.

And I’m afraid our coaching staff aren’t up to it either. They aren’t instilling any resilience and imho even the pack was on a bit of a holiday yesterday.

We don’t create any pressure, we run in the slow motion.

There was some kind of pulse in rounds 1-3 but that’s looking like some kind of ancient history.

Maybe Tim goes back to round 1 starting side?
Sheens bought it on himself by keeping Brooke’s and you were right sacking Hastings..I saw Bennett on tick tock saying he’s coached kids for 50 years and the latest crop are all sooks that he needs to prepare them for the hard “knocks” (not literally well maybe) in league and life. The parents just arnt doing it..Either way I’m not expecting anything from here on.. I want to see what the next step is with the coaching if there are no wins..

The foxtel commentators made such a big deal about Brooks running which he was doing. Crap. It’s not his running we need it’s acting like a halfback like he did for the first 90 seconds of the game..

Last edited:

Tiger Pedro

Juniors
Another disappointment of monumental proportions...
But it is time to stop looking for easy options bought about by constantly shuffling the team and / or looking for desperation buys (such as Pearce) which won't work and will do more damage and further destabilise the playing group. The old saying "You've made your bed you need to lie in it" rings true. Also, we can't undo the stupid decisions made in the off-season (letting Hastings go, keeping Brooks, not bringing in cover at FB etc etc) so they need to stop throwing hail Mary's and stick with what we've got, work them into a cohesive team, build some spirit and pride and be patient - Stop Panicking - Panicking will never be the solution!! As difficult as that may be (especially for us fans) it's the only way forward. Hard Work! Keep players (who are the best we've got - maybe not the best around but that's out of their control now, at least for another season) in their positions and try to build their confidence on the proviso that they at least have a go!
As for the new recruits that came with great fanfare - Let them lead the way amid a calm focused season long plan. Simplify the game plan (in other words bring it back in line with the current squads abilities) play direct, not side to side, short passing in the forwards, and reduce the kicking options to a smaller menu of choice for the 6 & 7. Work on discipline (reduce 6 agains and penalty's) and have a super tight goal of not providing the opposition with 7 tackle restarts.
What team / configuration can deliver that?!?!

Tiger Pedro

Juniors
Following on from previous post - Here's the team that I would go with. Yep many of them are flawed, but as I mentioned - For this year they're are what we've got!
Laurie
Staines
Naden
Talau
Tupou
Douehei
Wakeham
(take your time son - You've got the season to become our Game Manager)
Bateman ( Your days of being an edge backrower are over - You will be more valuable as a 13 playing a similar role to Yeo, Cam Murray, Radley etc)
Papalii
Kepaoa
Klemmer
Korisau
Matamua

Brooks / Simpkin
Pole
Twal
Utoikamanu

Extra Depth then comes from Joffa & Nofaluma. If they are keen to get back into the 1sts then show us in NSW Cup. Otherwise an easy decision at the end of the year is made.

Pezz70

Juniors
At least it made clear my explanation involving AD and the last line of defence, for a couple that needed to see it
Don’t think anybody was arguing that he was a poor defender, more about the best place for a poor defender to play, fullback is not a bad place if the rest of the team are doing their job. He was diabolical last night not only with his tackling but his positional play and effort were not even park standard.

What makes it really sad is that 3/4 of our spine would not make any other NRL team.

That would have to be the worst performance from a WT fullback in our clubs history. Slow, never in position, lack of urgency and his effort of walking across the face of the goal post as Brisbane scored a try out wide summed up his commitment to the teams cause.There was a reason Bennett f##ked him off from Souths and it was evident in this game.

I lasted 20 minutes then went and played Red Alert.

Done with this shit, Brooks being continually picked at 7 does my head in. The bloke is rubbish and has been for a decade. The most overpaid player ever to play in the NRL in the most overpaid team in the NRL, I wouldn't feed any of them.

Coupled with the ludicrous and ongoing decisions regarding where we play our home games, I just simply don't give a f**k any more, they've killed off my enthusiasm for the club.

Done.

Done with this shit, Brooks being continually picked at 7 does my head in. The bloke is rubbish and has been for a decade. The most overpaid player ever to play in the NRL in the most overpaid team in the NRL, I wouldn't feed any of them.

Coupled with the ludicrous and ongoing decisions regarding where we play our home games, I just simply don't give a f**k any more, they've killed off my enthusiasm for the club.

Done.

BBB00E93-60F8-4949-B7BE-8670D6D92A62.jpeg

Waiting for your instructions to throw the smoke grenade into the Centre of Excellence with my gang of renegade Krustoloids.

I’m thinking we capture Justin first and then make our way down to the garage and steal Lees ferari.

View attachment 72070

He might have a bit of explaining to do? They will be looking at who to keep and who to go in the bye round supposedly.

It’s a bad look, but it’s symbolic of the whole club at the moment.

Hes crimes are far less than the arrogant and incompetent boofs running the club.

We actually pay these f**king idiot board members to manage our club.

Laurie should give us the finger. He’d be handy on the bench somewhere else.

Last edited:
I think the press are about to kick off into us.

Hoops won’t be able to help himself.

Bring on the chaos I say. Let the rivers of blood flow.

The press are our last hope. That’s desperation for you.

Last edited:

Done.
E75E18AC-11C0-4AA7-ACF5-DD545739AA14.jpeg