What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Broncos @ Central Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 6: Knights v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight76

Juniors
We did it with Rudder. Had the immortal next to him though

Yeah, As good as I think Pearce is when he is on, it's hardly a fair comparison.

Rudder was plod in my books, but he had the 8th as his halves partner. And we played a Parra team that didn't turn up for the first half, along with us playing the perfect half of footy it was goodnight.

Legion

Juniors
After watching last nights game, I'm at a bit of a loss as to why all the negativity from you Knights supporters.
Despite very slippery conditions, your boys got the job done.

Yes the Donkeys were crap [lol] but I saw a top 4 side last night.
I've not been the biggest Pearce fan but over the last couple of seasons he's come into his own.
I didn't even whinge when he got picked for SOO last year where he earned the right to retain his spot for this year.

Pearce is solid in defense and does a reasonable job in attack. Mann will only improve as will his combination with Pearce and Ponga.
Your forwards were solid.

Shit, if the [once] mighty WTigers were playing like the Knights atm, I'd have some reason to be optimistic for this year.

perverse

Referee
After watching last nights game, I'm at a bit of a loss as to why all the negativity from you Knights supporters.

I've not been the biggest Pearce fan but over the last couple of seasons he's come into his own.
I didn't even whinge when he got picked for SOO last year where he earned the right to retain his spot for this year.

Pearce is solid in defense and does a reasonable job in attack. Mann will only improve as will his combination with Pearce and Ponga.

Shit, if the [once] mighty WTigers were playing like the Knights atm, I'd have some reason to be optimistic for this year.
I think it's mainly just that we know how good they look when they click in attack. We can be much better than we were last night.

Having said that, the reason we walked away with a comfortable win last night comes down to the attitude adjustment and resulting defensive resolve we've developed this year. It doesn't seem like that's going away - and that's how you win ugly sometimes. When you have that as the baseline of every performance... when the attack clicks you're laughing. I was a bit frustrated in last nights performance too, but I'm delighted that we're a team that can win (comfortably too) playing well short of our best football. It bodes very well for when things do start to click regularly in attack.

Legion

Juniors
I think it's mainly just that we know how good they look when they click in attack. We can be much better than we were last night.

Having said that, the reason we walked away with a comfortable win last night comes down to the attitude adjustment and resulting defensive resolve we've developed this year. It doesn't seem like that's going away - and that's how you win ugly sometimes. When you have that as the baseline of every performance... when the attack clicks you're laughing. I was a bit frustrated in last nights performance too, but I'm delighted that we're a team that can win (comfortably too) playing well short of our best football. It bodes very well for when things do start to click regularly in attack.
Yeah I think you're right. They played ok in slippery conditions and won by a good margin.
If they play to their full potential then I think they're a big chance for the GF.
Plenty to be optimistic about.

What I admire in any player is effort. It's what I like about Pearce; he's a committed player. Doesn't always make the right decision but at least he's having a go. [Look at Milford last night by comparison. What a bludger]
If Pearce, Mann and Ponga click especially, they'll be dangerous.

Most of your boys put in. One player I noticed in the last free to air game was Best. He seemed to have a quiet game last night by comparison but I think that he's one to watch.

Alex28

Coach

I agree, but it’s what we do. No performance is ever good enough, we always focus on the negatives. It’s been a long 19 years.

We were not as bad as we are moping about. We cruised in the second half. They knew the Broncos were going to shit the bed in their attacking 20. Better to get through that game without injury and take the 2 points.

Silent Knight

First Grade

For me it’s too many mental scars from too many past failed seasons. I get very high-strung during Knights games this year because I’m still not used to us winning or at least competing in most games. It’s not business as usual for me, so I get nervous.

I still half expect us to revert back to our sh*t form at some point or other. It’ll take a whole lot more winning before I genuinely believe we’ve turned the corner for good.

You don’t shake off years of losing after just 6 rounds of football in 2020.

Knight Vision

First Grade
For me it’s too many mental scars from too many past failed seasons. I get very high-strung during Knights games this year because I’m still not used to us winning or at least competing in most games. It’s not business as usual for me, so I get nervous.

I still half expect us to revert back to our sh*t form at some point or other. It’ll take a whole lot more winning before I genuinely believe we’ve turned the corner for good.

this is me also......supporting the Knights has been the toughest gig in world sport for over a decade and add being a New South Welshman into the equation and we're talking mental and emotional scarring that borders on requiring professional care.

Anyone else find themselves staring at the ladder for 15 minutes.

For me it has been how they show promise then fall apart. I'm way over 'but we played well for part of the game'. It's like being bipolar.

Legion

Juniors

Try being a WTigers supporter. We're an optimistic lot, generally speaking, who'll grab onto any sliver of hope.
We had to put up with that sneering, whining malcontent Jason Taylor who couldn't figure out a game plan with Robbie Farah [The best hooker at the time and a dead-set legend]

Then we got shafted by Ivan Cleary who overpaid useless lumps on long contracts before fleeing like a rat from a sinking ship after numerous promises that "I'm here to stay". Prick.

Now our one ray of hope is our coach Madge who hit the nail on the head after our last loss; our entire club has issues that need addressing. He's right. I rate Madge highly. If he can't change our clubs issues then we're doomed to continuous mediocrity.

By comparison Newcastle is looking rather good and not just for this year.
I'm not familiar with O'Brian but he's had a solid apprenticeship working under Bellamy & Robinson.
You've got a rather good spine and solid forwards.
Most importantly, Newcastle is playing as a team.

Hate to talk up another team but mark my words; I see a top 4 side in the Knights. The potential is there.
If the combinations start to gel then I even see them pushing for a GF, if not this year then certainly the next.

Try being a WTigers supporter. We're an optimistic lot, generally speaking, who'll grab onto any sliver of hope.
We had to put up with that sneering, whining malcontent Jason Taylor who couldn't figure out a game plan with Robbie Farah [The best hooker at the time and a dead-set legend]

Then we got shafted by Ivan Cleary who overpaid useless lumps on long contracts before fleeing like a rat from a sinking ship after numerous promises that "I'm here to stay". Prick.

Now our one ray of hope is our coach Madge who hit the nail on the head after our last loss; our entire club has issues that need addressing. He's right. I rate Madge highly. If he can't change our clubs issues then we're doomed to continuous mediocrity.

By comparison Newcastle is looking rather good and not just for this year.
I'm not familiar with O'Brian but he's had a solid apprenticeship working under Bellamy & Robinson.
You've got a rather good spine and solid forwards.
Most importantly, Newcastle is playing as a team.

Hate to talk up another team but mark my words; I see a top 4 side in the Knights. The potential is there.
If the combinations start to gel then I even see them pushing for a GF, if not this year then certainly the next.

Trust us, it's nowhere near as bad as what we've endured for the past 15 years lol

Knight Vision

First Grade
Gee, they’ve been strange with the voting this year. Nothing Best did sticks out in my memory from the game- just lots of hard carries of the ball. Mann or Klemmer seemed to have more impact on the game.
Dally M's are a joke of an award.

Legion

Juniors
They are going pretty well at the moment!
We play well one week, then we're crap the next.
We lost to the Titans FFS. No excuses there.

Off course all RL fans are happy to have a comp this year [Thank Thor for V'Landys] but it's a shame that there's no 2nd tier comp for coaches to send under performing players and match fitness for fringe players.

Don't you love a thread that turns into a debate about who is/was the worst team. So looking forward to when that's a past memory.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Dally M's are more like a popularity contest. Who could forget Ruan Sims voting on games she didnt even watch. More than a few eyebrows raised at some of the team awards....Brett Finch and Nathan Hindmarsh are judges ffs.