What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs St Geo Illa @ WIN Stadium

Who will win? Round 8: St Geo Illa v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like the idea of giving strong performers in NSW cup like cooper & tuilagi promotion.However I don’t think they r part of our squad of 28 players & I think the club is prioritising the other 2 spots for experienced nrl players currently playing lower grades elsewhere.
I don’t think any of our players think they r part of our squad at the moment TT

Pezz70

Juniors
Zac Lomax will score 50 on his own this weekend, tigers will get another mention in the record books

Vozzy

Juniors
I like the idea of giving strong performers in NSW cup like cooper & tuilagi promotion.However I don’t think they r part of our squad of 28 players & I think the club is prioritising the other 2 spots for experienced nrl players currently playing lower grades elsewhere.
If this is the case it's just more of the same when young talent in form can't be used and then we don't have room for them. The last 10 years The Star players who have played for us came through our own system. I cant understand why we keep buy Roberts/BJ/JReynolds/Mbye other over the hill guys when we have exciting 20 year olds killing it and having to go elsewhere and find immediate success.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Apparently Tom Amone to debut off the bench

Mbye to centre & Garner back into the starting side & Liddle to come back onto the bench

I’m not sure what else Zac Cini could do but surely he wouldn’t look out of place on the wing for Talau ... Talau needs a long stint in reserves or ... preferably to find a new hobby

Ned Kelly

Juniors

Mbye to centre & Garner back into the starting side & Liddle to come back onto the bench

I’m not sure what else Zac Cini could do but surely he wouldn’t look out of place on the wing for Talau ... Talau needs a long stint in reserves or ... preferably to find a new hobby

Cini is absolutely blitzing it for the Magpies. Madness not to give him a go.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors

Safe under the high ball
Actually looks like he gives a shit
Ability to break tackles

Everything Talau is not

The funny thing is Cini isn’t even a fullback ... his actual position is Centre/Wing yet he’s the best player in the comp playing at the back. Sign of a good player with that much versatility

WA Tiger

Bench
That’s why he’s not going to get a shot untill it’s too late. He has to go through the Madge process...He needs to wait minimum 8 weeks of playing well and then only get a shot if there’s an injury ...Fool proof ..And if anyone tells you we are here because of Madge tell them no it’s the suits in the back office or the players

WA Tiger

Bench
Talau was ordinary in nsw cup, actually I thought he was quite lazy to be honest, before his first grade debut. Never saw why he had so many wraps.
Talau wakes up every game day morning drenched in sweat with huge white eye balls poking out and he screams “Madge has dropped me Fk”” then after a bit he settles down and goes “Oh Nah I’m fine hahaha ...This is amazing I reckon fk that extra training next week No need Bro...”

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade

I reckon these are good changes. I agree that Cini deserves a shot ahead of Talau.

Tigerm

First Grade
Well, never saw this side at all?

Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Joseph Leilua 4. James Roberts 5. Tommy Talau 6. Adam Doueihi 7. Luke Brooks 8. James Tamou 9. Jake Simpkin 10. Alex Twal 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Joe Ofahengaue
Interchange: 14. Moses Mbye 15. Stefano Utoikamanu 16. Alex Seyfarth 17. Thomas Mikaele 18. Michael Chee-Kam 19. Zane Musgrove 20. Tom Amone 21. Jacob Liddle

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Well I was off lol

Joey must have got stuck into the cow blood

I still think Amone will be a late inclusion on the bench

Twal to prop and Joffa to lock should have happened weeks ago

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Well, never saw this side at all?

Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Joseph Leilua 4. James Roberts 5. Tommy Talau 6. Adam Doueihi 7. Luke Brooks 8. James Tamou 9. Jake Simpkin 10. Alex Twal 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Joe Ofahengaue
Interchange: 14. Moses Mbye 15. Stefano Utoikamanu 16. Alex Seyfarth 17. Thomas Mikaele 18. Michael Chee-Kam 19. Zane Musgrove 20. Tom Amone 21. Jacob Liddle
The deck chairs on the titanic have been shuffled, still only a matter of time before she sinks

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Gosh, we're a rabble at the moment. Obviously our defence was deplorable last week (and every week really) but I'm so sick of Brooks' last tackle chips straight down the winger of fullback's throat. Maybe try and run the ball on the last. Give it to the Leilua bros and see what they can conjure with a bit of space and offloading ability. Oh, but that would be taking initiative. NVM.

FFS...the only players that get rewarded at this club are the ones delivering sh#t each week...Cini probably should run across field, drop balls, miss tackles ,walk around, generally look clueless and don’t give a f##k then maybe he will then get a crack in first grade.

The chip kick to the tall midget on the wing is a great option if you want to turn the ball over.This underlines part of our problem with Brooks, he keeps doing the same dumb shit that doesn’t work and hasn’t for 8 seasons he has been in first grade.