What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Thread

Ausguy

Coach
Bit early but i just had a look...

all stand seating gone, only single concourse seating left....

all we need is good weather, forcast says a shower or 2.

UUC

Frenzy.

Post Whore
If Morris plays 80 we win.

Not because he's going to do anything overally grand but it could mean 3 x 80 minute players in the forwards. Him, Boogs and Gall.

Means more rotations and fresher benchies.

spider

Coach
We hurt cowboys the with short passing through the ruck

Better chance do do it again with the bigger guys having more rest.

Quigs

Immortal
And watch their quick play the balls.

We have got to get our fingers out with our speed of playing the ball. Crikey we are slow at it.

spider

Coach
And watch their quick play the balls.

We have got to get our fingers out with our speed of playing the ball. Crikey we are slow at it.

Watching the 99 game last night - f**k me the play the ball was quick

Mind you, it is odd watching a game where there is no wrestling in the tackle - simple bash and jump off, like being married.

Vin Fizz

Bench
They'll play feild position off Sowards kicks for sure. They shouldnt take us on in the forwards but they are too dumb to do anything else so they will. Reckon theyll want some get square from last year. Need Robos and Toddy kicking game spot on tommorrow. If we turn em back around with a few early kicks and make soward kick from well in their half late in the count we should keep em out. Morris at fullback an added danger this year though. Just need to sure up or leaky right side.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
You can take the danger out of Morris. Whenever our kickers are kicking from inside their own 50 just kick it dead. If a team let's him get it on the full or on the run he'll fugg them over every time. He's really quick to get up to top speed and has the stride of an antelope.

Vin Fizz

Bench
You can take the danger out of Morris. Whenever our kickers are kicking from inside their own 50 just kick it dead. If a team let's him get it on the full or on the run he'll fugg them over every time. He's really quick to get up to top speed and has the stride of an antelope.
He's been a revelation at FB. I'd seriously think about him for SOO. Agree with the kicking but id rather have them comming off their line than starting a set play 20 out. If they stand deep Morris can set up and fugg us around. I cant get a handle on this game to be honest. Reckon its gunna be one of those dour contests.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
He's been a revelation at FB. I'd seriously think about him for SOO. Agree with the kicking but id rather have them comming off their line than starting a set play 20 out. If they stand deep Morris can set up and fugg us around. I cant get a handle on this game to be honest. Reckon its gunna be one of those dour contests.

That's why you only do it when inside your own half. The FB or winger can chase back and run it back for a quick tap except, their forwards will still be getting back. Keep doing it and you tire them out and makes rucking up from the 20 just as hard albeit with a 20 metre gain. The defence has to be fast moving, intact and committed to hit and stick

That famous set from last year was between the 20-30.

Don't want Morris, or Nightingale for that matter, to be given any free, easy metres at all.

Vin Fizz

Bench
That's why you only do it when inside your own half. The FB or winger can chase back and run it back for a quick tap except, their forwards will still be getting back. Keep doing it and you tire them out and makes rucking up from the 20 just as hard albeit with a 20 metre gain. The defence has to be fast moving, intact and committed to hit and stick

That famous set from last year was between the 20-30.

Don't want Morris, or Nightingale for that matter, to be given any free, easy metres at all.

Yeah i see your point, but doesn't that give them the advanatge though? If the kick stays live there's a chance you can trap them in goal (if the chase is good of course). The forwards will still have to get back on side but the difference is they'l need to make it snappy if the ball is still live. If you kick it dead thay can amble back like browns cows if they want to chew the clock up.

shadowboxer

First Grade
went and picked up some tickets yesterday, 1500 tickets left.......supposably??
ive heard that before

azzah72

Bench
I got told by one of the Sharks media blokes that they are expecting 21000+ based on pre ticket sales.

I say get pissed early because you'll be flat chat getting a beer tonight.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Kick the ball dead hey. What a pathetic lot your mob are. Is that tactic in the spirit of the game? Is there nothing your mob will not do for a grubby win? Although it did seem to work for us against Hayne in years gone by.

Scum - says it all, don't it!

SharkShocked

Bench
Kick the ball dead hey. What a pathetic lot your mob are. Is that tactic in the spirit of the game? Is there nothing your mob will not do for a grubby win? Although it did seem to work for us against Hayne in years gone by.

Scum - says it all, don't it!

Let me get this straight, you are accusing us of discussing a tactic that isn't within the spirit of the game, then you go on to mention that you've previously used it?

Give yourself a triple mate.

Ausguy

Coach
Let me get this straight, you are accusing us of discussing a tactic that isn't within the spirit of the game, then you go on to mention that you've previously used it?

Give yourself a triple mate.

Im pretty sure the sarcasm was lost on you SS