What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matchbox Cars Appraisal

___

Juniors
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone here is an expert but back in the mid 90s, Matchbox (Mattel) had a tender with the ARL to create official merchandise of collectible diecast cars. I think these were only sold at Australia Post.

1628120747059.png

Similar to the one above, the car is a Model "A' Ford (van). Going by the design I'm guessing it's a 30s era car.

Does anyone here have anything like this from back in the day, and if so, do you happen to remember the original retail value? I got one and I'm trying to get an appraisal for it, but having the original RRP would be a good starting point. Of course the state of the unopened box is also a good indicator.

Thanks everyone :)

The_Frog

First Grade
There's a Crushers one on e-bay in box for $20, and the full set of 20 is $399 plus $40 postage, so I'd say its worth a redback.

I still haven’t got a reply though.

I got the Souths one at the time. $2.99 sticks in my mind. You bought them at the post office, if memory serves.

Reactions: ___

___

Juniors
I still haven’t got a reply though.

I got the Souths one at the time. $2.99 sticks in my mind. You bought them at the post office, if memory serves.
Yes I got them from the post office but can't remember how much I paid for them. I remember around 2012 they had the Toyota FJ Cruiser for about $10 each - however they were bigger than 1:64 scale.