What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matchups Sharks v Bulldogs who got the points

Position by Position

Simmons v Patten about equal neither did to much
Meritt v Utai Utai even allowing fro him being in reserve grade destroys Meritt
Vagana v Lolesi another even
McGoldrick v Tonga Tonga wins, McGoldrick cant defend, Tonga looked pedestrian vs Gasnier, lets hope he is not available against McGoldrick
Rieck v El Masri El Masri, Rieck is struggling
Gallen v Anasta Anasta, Gallen did some good things but also some ordianery things, he is not a 5/8 at all, does not use his hands good enough for this position
Kent v Sherwin Sherwin narrowly, Kent played well
Stevens v O'Meley Stevens just over O'Meley
Hilder v Perry first half all Hilder, but when missing when needed draw
Nutley v Price Price wins Nutley outpointed, not good
Isemonger v Mason Mason all over him very dissapointing from Isemonger not up to first grade we seen that today
Bickersatff v Ryan even till half time, Bicks went missing when needed
Bailey v Grimaldi Grimaldi even though he costs the dogs a try, this post is not big enough for all Baileys errors
Beattie v Asotasi Asotasi, he draws in playes, Beattie doesnt threaten
Lomu v Maitua Maitua on shorter time more effective
Sullivan v Feeney Sully he kept trying
Aitken v Hughes draw neither did anything

overall very dissapointing lack of heart in 2nd half when had dogs on ropes

DJDL

Bench
McGoldrick v Tonga Tonga wins, McGoldrick cant defend, Tonga looked pedestrian vs Gasnier, lets hope he is not available against McGoldrick

Sorry, which game did you just watch?? :? :?

DJDL

Bench
Thanks Hulka, I missed that one.
Didn't get past the McG rating.

Ise was great today. Totally nullified the Dogs back row.

Craigshark

First Grade
Isemonger did nothing wrong in my opinion..
Gallen didnt have a good game, bombed 2 tries..
Vagana and Bailey can spend a week or two in Premier League.. They really need a rocket up their arse..

warren

Juniors
I reckon gallen played alright. and i think bailey should stay where he is. he had a good game.

the only person who needs some time in premier league is vagana.

Craigshark

First Grade
McGoldrick can have a week in Premier League aswell.. People defend him like he is the worlds greatest tackler, watch todays game..

Special K

Coach
Yes watch him. Watch him smash Utai and Tonga!

21 tackles ok 4 he missed but it is a hell of a lot better than a bloke on 5 times the amount of money he is on who gave us 15 tackles and 7 missed.

Craigshark

First Grade
I agree Hulka, thats why i said Vagana in my first post.. And i noticed McGoldrick making a lot of tackles, but his misses were poor and costly.. He needs to learn to tackle front on and not side on, as it doesnt work when your defending your line..

The rating are not harsh, so you believe Isemonger played well, and he was against Mason, so that would mean he played as good if not better then Mason, then you watched a different game, i didnt see isemonger have 3 or 4 players to bring him down, I did with mason, he didnt threaten the Dogs Mason had us going backwards, so my rating is harsh, i do not think so

JCSwank

Juniors
To say Isemonger is not up to first grade standard because he didn't match it with Mason is just stupid.
Isemonger had a solid game yesterday - was busting his guts until the end. I'd say he was in the Sharks top 3 yesterday.
On McGoldrick - people on here do stick up for him because it is justified. We have Mr $300,00+ on one side missing tackles and doing nothing in defence, yet some people choose to bag McGoldrick who busts his guts for the team week in week out. He did miss a few yesterday, but he did have Ryan and Tonga going at him all day and on quite a few occassions stopped them in their tracks. As much as I hate Phil Gould, I tend to agree with his sentiments on McGoldrick..during the Broncos game he said..."there's somehing about this kid"

BeenThere

Juniors
And to add to Ryan's defence, which I have done on occasion -- 1 miss was on Tonga AFTER he had made the previous tackle and was coming across from marker AFTER the first up tackler had missed. 1 was counted as against Anasta when he scored the final try (he actually did tackle him) when there was a THREE on TWO as a result of a poor inside read. The other 2 were genuine misses. So in my biased book that makes 2 missed tackles and 21 made tackles. At least he is the only member of the backline that tries to HURT the opposition when he tackles (discounting Gallen that is).

RB30DETT

Juniors
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
Position by Position

Pedestrian, guess I must have been watching a different SOO

FIRE UP SON!

mason may have more impact than isemonger (he bloody well should how freakin' big is he?!?!) - doesn't mean ise didn't play well. i thought he put in another solid perfromance, one of our best.

goldy's not a great defender but at least he's putting the effort into his defence. the right attitude is there so i'm sure the rest will come soon enough - we've already seen abig improvement in that regard.

we just have too many weaknesses in defence for the opposition to exploit. makes everybody look worse - even if they can defend - trying to plug up others mistakes

defence is a BIG worry :?

DJDL

Bench
Goldy's biggest problem was he kept having to come inside to cover for Jason Kent, who was continually being trampled by the Dogs forwards.

I thought he actually had a strong game defensively.
Watched the first half again this arvo and still don't see where the criticism is coming from.

Latest posts