What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mateo - ready for first grade

theicemandanno

Juniors
This guy stood out again in PL last week. If you think Afamasaga is good, you will be even more satisfied once Feleti gets his shot in First grade. He reads the game well, has a fantastic step and always seems to offload at the right time. For mine, he would look good in the back row. However, ideally I would like to see Wagon back at 13.

If BS keeps Wags at 5/8 (I wont think he will after we were found lacking a half against Brisbane), I would love to see this pack against Penruff

13. Mateo
12. Afamagasa
11. Hindmarsh
10. Tsoulos (showed his class last week. My opinion of him went up greatly post-Saturday night)
9. Morris
8. Vella

However, I expect this to be the pack that runs out next Saturday:

13. Wagon
12. Afamagasa
11. Hindmarsh
10. Tsoulos
9. Morris
8. Vella

Freak

Juniors
I will be very dissappoited if Mateo gets a run this week.
IMO he is a superstar in the making and to throw him up against the Penrith pack is unfair.

I cannot wait to see him grade but I cannot see it happening this week.

I think you might see Thorman/Witt and Wagon back in 13.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I'm not sure that BS will move Wags back to lock, but the make-up of the bench may change, with the addition of a half

fish eel

Immortal
We should be wary about throwing these kids in whilst we aren't doing so well.

Its a lot easier to for them to find their feet in a successful side, rather than one that is struggling.

I'm not against giving them a shot, we just need to really be careful about who when we blood.

Pazza

First Grade
I'd like to see him given a shot on the bench within the next few rounds. If the club wants to build for a successful 2005 then they gotta give some of these kids some experiance.

Pazza is spot on lets get some of them ready for next season Jack was a good start and we need mateo coming off the bench at least. I mean who would u rather mateo or Hopkins??

Pazza

First Grade
How did big Weller Hauraki do in Prem League Jake. I have read on these boards that he is as good as Afasamaga, if that is true i would love to see him in first grade.

To tell ya the truth he did not get much game time to make a real a real impact. The the whole of the 1st div was playing poor except for Mateo on saturday night.

Latest posts