What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mathew Elliots coaching future

innsaneink

Referee
So I wonder if Elliott will be focussing on recruiting for Penrith come June/July like Hages will be ala Parra......cant bode well for the Raiders if he isnt 100% thinking of them

Will certainly be interesting to see how the Knights and Canberra fair this season, particularly at the business end.

innsaneink said:
So I wonder if Elliott will be focussing on recruiting for Penrith come June/July like Hages will be ala Parra......cant bode well for the Raiders if he isnt 100% thinking of them

Will certainly be interesting to see how the Knights and Canberra fair this season, particularly at the business end.

If the coach is put in place well before June 30, we should be OK, especially if it's someone already at the club ala Furner or Collins. But long-term it's probably the best thing for this club, even though I could have coped with Elliott re-signing.

Nuffy

Bench
Elliott is a sh*t coach and obviously not a man of his word. Wasn't he going to sit down with the Raiders on monday to nut through a deal.

Didn't he also say that he wasn't going to make a decision until after he spoke with the Raiders.

Its got me stuff what the big appeal is about Elliott, hes got nothing and done less. Could luck to the Panthers I say.

I'm glad for one that hes not coming to Newcastle and I really couldn't care less that we still don't have a coach, its a none issue at this point.

Timbo

Staff member
Jesus H Christ. This is so far out of left field it isn't funny.

All we need now is a coach willing to give our juniors a go instead of saying they aren't ready. I'm still hoping for Brian Smith.

*waits for other Raiders fans to pelt him with rotten vegetables*

Dog-E

Juniors
Elliot is a funny man in a press conference...But hasn't exactly turned Canberra into a raging NRL force!

He is still yet to be proven as a coach in a BIG way - and Penrtih are taking a MASSIVE gamble in shafting a Premiership winning coach in appointing him!

Two quotes I made about Elliotts coaching a fair while ago.....Im not a fan of his coaching:

"Its like the Raiders said "How can we F*** this up? No....I mean....lets really just F*** this B*atch right up!"
nospam49 isnt a fan of the players Canberra recruited for the 2005 season.

"Matthew Elliot took a below average Raiders side and CRUSHED anything they had going for them into little pieces. Not only do they suck, but they are so mind numbingly boring that I stopped watching Raiders games....I avoided them because they were so boring and terrible that even the performance of their opposition wasn't enough to stop me from loading a gun and painting my lounge room in grey matter"

Caged Panther

First Grade
Dog-E said:
He is still yet to be proven as a coach in a BIG way - and Penrtih are taking a MASSIVE gamble in shafting a Premiership winning coach in appointing him!

If Lang has been shafted then I agree. But the fact is we don't know why penrith have taken this course of action.

Lang was openly saying at the end of his time with the sharks he needed a break yet he jumped straight back into coaching with the Panthers and trust me I'm greatful for the fact. Maybe he said he didn't want to coach next year then again maybe he didn't.

Penrith's reasoning will influence my thoughts on this in a big way...

Dog-E

Juniors
Caged Panther said:
If Lang has been shafted then I agree. But the fact is we don't know why penrith have taken this course of action.

Lang was openly saying at the end of his time with the sharks he needed a break yet he jumped straight back into coaching with the Panthers and trust me I'm greatful for the fact. Maybe he said he didn't want to coach next year then again maybe he didn't.

Penrith's reasoning will influence my thoughts on this in a big way...

Maybe so...And, well - silver linings for ya here - Better stopping on Matt Elliott than Brian Smith on the great NRL coaching roundabout of 2007, eh??

:lol: ;-)

Mal Meninga

Bench
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
CARN THE RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's all that needs to be said.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Dog-E said:
Maybe so...And, well - silver linings for ya here - Better stopping on Matt Elliott than Brian Smith on the great NRL coaching roundabout of 2007, eh??

:lol: ;-)

At least I know I can tollerate elliot's personality Smith just drives me up the wall. :lol:

aids

Bench
Elliot at the panthers will go like hand in glove.
penrith have lots of big forwards

Elliot loves forwards.
don't write this combo off until the end of 2007
:)

Latest posts