What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Bowen vs. Charlie Tonga

dragonfire

Bench
interesting call, was a great tackle, probably the most effective so in that sense was good but then again if a full back cant make a one on one tackle against other players they dont deserve that role. not trying to discredit him as it was a great tackle but honestly i tend to think the smaller players are technically the beeter tacklers in the game owing to the fact they have to be against some of monsters running around

Tom Shines

First Grade
You're still talking about a bloke stopping something that's twice his weight and moving quick enough.

simon says

First Grade
I was defnitely better than the embarassing effort Bowen made on Mason that led to a try in Origin last year.

Maybe seeing it over and over agian on the highlights reel has toughened him up a tad.

BTW...great tackle.

HevyDevy

Coach
Thierry Henry said:
I don't know what it is. Meli used to smash him like it was going out of fashion. He's the reason for the neck brace actually.

That Meli hit a few years back was massive. I used to love watching Francis play.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Broncos Team talk, monday morning:

Wayne Bennet: "Now remember boys, were playing in Auckland this weekend, so please make sure you've all got your passports handy"
Brent Tate: "Coach, my neck hurts."

Pierced Soul

First Grade
damn lack of fox means i miss things like this :fist:

tate gets a touch up everytime he plays the warriors...too bad the kiwis cant do it at international level...