What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Cooper : Deserves his spot

Milty

Juniors
he is big strong and fast and is the right person to take on Brent Tate .

I dont know about you guys but I would rather Matt Gidley charging at me then Matty Cooper any day of the week

lockyno1

Post Whore
I agree and as a queenslander i'm much more worried now than if gidley was in the side. Cooper is better BOTH in attack and defense. Also his partnership with Gasnier was a huge importance as well.

Simo

First Grade
Most centers play left or right these days, do Saints play them together??

Off a scrum or special set move they may be together but being center partners these days means you see not very much of each other.

Center/wing combo's can be important though.

P.s. I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!

lockyno1 said:
Also his partnership with Gasnier was a huge importance as well.

:lol: :lol: What partnership?

Gidley and tahu is a lot more of a threat to qld than 2 centres on opposite sides of teh field..

I am glad gids and tahu arent there.. Means NSW will be hard pressed scoring a single try.

weasel

First Grade
Cooper has certainly been in much better form than Gidley this year. It's funny because people are always bleating that rep sides should be picked on form, but when that happens they change their mind and decide that loyalty and not form should count for everything, or if neither argument suits their purpose they just moan anyway because their favourite player hasn't been picked usually followed by some stupid "I'm going for QLD" statement.

Dragons Cross

Juniors
weasel said:
Cooper has certainly been in much better form than Gidley this year. It's funny because people are always bleating that rep sides should be picked on form, but when that happens they change their mind and decide that loyalty and not form should count for everything, or if neither argument suits their purpose they just moan anyway because their favourite player hasn't been picked usually followed by some stupid "I'm going for QLD" statement.

Never a truer word spoken :clap:

Alan Shore

First Grade
New Souths Wales are a chance of winning now that they don't have the Turnstile Duo to leak points for them. On the other hand, if Gasnier/Cooper is a "partnership", I hope we don't see Gasnier continually asking Cooper to fire up for him.

Good decision for Cronulla too because it means Vagana will score some tries on Sunday.

Well the St.George score their points against SOUTH and TIGERS :lol: :lol:
Gidleys was the Knights best against the Roosters in the Knights junior development squad and put on a scintilating display against manly

SOO 2-22 tackles and 0 missed tackles-Check the stats

Even I could score tries against west and south and if you dont beat south by 30 it should be considered a loss!

hotsnow

Juniors
Holla if ya hear me said:
Well the St.George score their points against SOUTH and TIGERS :lol: :lol:
Gidleys was the Knights best against the Roosters in the Knights junior development squad and put on a scintilating display against manly
Funny, looks like BOTH Souths and Wests Tigers are above Manly on the table.

Anyway, we'll see come Round 24.

pfftttt the nsw sides gona be hopless with gids and tahu...i meen srsly....did u even c on the footy show? how obivious michael hagan made it how some "very good players who played really well last s.o.o" were left out, i agreed with every word he said about teh seletcors :coughLAURIEDALEYcough: leaving tahu n gidley out....

MEE

Juniors
Matt Cooper has proven himself to be one of the best centres in the game and thoroughly deserves his place in the side. It will be the first of many blues jumpers for him.

Whats the bet he bags a try on debut?

JJ

Immortal
I think he deserves a spot.

But it's a myth that Gidley and Tahu leak points, miss tackles etc. And as for who I'd prefer running at me - Gidley makes defenders look like idiots with his deft offloads - give me Cooper any day

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Chicken_Hunter said:
lockyno1 said:
Also his partnership with Gasnier was a huge importance as well.

:lol: :lol: What partnership?

Gidley and tahu is a lot more of a threat to qld than 2 centres on opposite sides of teh field..

I am glad gids and tahu arent there.. Means NSW will be hard pressed scoring a single try.

:lol:

The combination of Gasnier/Cooper absolutely sh1ts on the Tahu/Gidley one.

For every try Tahu and Gidley score, two are let in. After tonights performance, I doubt that Gidley and Tahu will ever be picked again whilst Gasnier and Cooper are available. And good riddance!

simon says

First Grade
Cooper is a hog.He just wont pass the ball.I felt sorry for Roooney who could have got a hat trick if it wasnt for Cooper.

OVP

Coach
simon says said:
Cooper is a hog.He just wont pass the ball.I felt sorry for Roooney who could have got a hat trick if it wasnt for Cooper.

:lol: Agreed. I felt sorry for poor old Luke Rooney. But Cooper, once he learns to pass the ball, has definitely got a big future. Goodbye Tahu and Gidley .. woohoo !! :lol:

Latest posts