What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Cooper Says:

The Villain

Juniors
Unlike some, I support what Matt Copper is doing. I hope he shines a light on Peter Doust and Craig Young's mismanagement and backroom deals.

I would say the most probable reason for Matt to be speaking up now, is that Peter Doust has been re-appointed to the Board and Craig Young has resigned. If I were to guess the reason for Cooper's angst, I'd say it was a promise made by Doust and Young in regard to payment or terms of a contract. Morris left due to promises not being honoured and I suppose other have done the same.
I’m a big Cooper fan and think he’s just saying what most Dragons fans are thinking. I don’t think any less of him for his rants.
Legend of a player. I hope he’s doing ok.

justadragon

Bench
I have always liked Matt Cooper, but looking at the reunion and the time everyone was having, including Wayne Bennett, I believe he has missed out on still having that bond. I do have to give Wayne a praise for even joining in and singing the team song. He wanted more years at the dragons and only got 3, which will go down in history as one of the biggest mistakes the dragons have ever made. Still you dont see him banning the reunion. There is a time and place for everything, this was not the time nor the place to bring past issues up with the BOD or players. This was the time to celebrate a very special event, of which we have had very few.

Dragon David

First Grade
I have always liked Matt Cooper, but looking at the reunion and the time everyone was having, including Wayne Bennett, I believe he has missed out on still having that bond. I do have to give Wayne a praise for even joining in and singing the team song. He wanted more years at the dragons and only got 3, which will go down in history as one of the biggest mistakes the dragons have ever made. Still you dont see him banning the reunion. There is a time and place for everything, this was not the time nor the place to bring past issues up with the BOD or players. This was the time to celebrate a very special event, of which we have had very few.
Well said justa.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Tell it like it is Coops. All Dragons fans would love to see him back at the club as he was one of the best defensive centres we have had in the last 30 years. He definitely bleeds red and white though. Legend. I am sure Ryles would get him back if he gets the job.

Latest posts