What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Johns commentary

petetheileet

First Grade
Warren Smith and Sterlo the best at the mo

they really are daylight ahead of the other 10 or so shuffling around!

Iafeta

Referee
As far as TV commentators go, pete, you are bang on the money. Voss I think would come in third. The others all have bias's or trot out cliches and really have no idea. Gould is great with his opinions, but at times he's a long way short of what's going on in the real world.

As stated above, the blokes who have been on ABC, Ryan, Morrow and Wilko are a thousand miles ahead of anything. Objective, good constructive ideas about the game, respect for the game and the fans... just good commentators. If those three were in a commentary box, the difference would be tremendous. Maybe though that's the radio difference, as you have to describe the flow of play so you have less time to sit there and sift through rubbish like the TV commentators do, the media is completely different so I guess the broadcast styles are also completely different and favourable to radio commentators.

cq

Juniors
Wilko (Peter WILKINS)
port_wilco.gif
who used to be on grandstand and The Fat is the best league commentator bar none.

It's a tryyyyyyyy.:D:D

CJG 182

Juniors
Several years ago, Ben Ikin was bashed by some guy in a pub.. I just wished the guy hit Ikin harder..

Well you're a hero aren't you?

Worst commentators are the Fox Sports Kiwi ones. Dear God there's more bias there than than a commentating team of Skeepe and R69 on a raiders game.

Warren Smith is a wanker too.

Tallis has improved recently.

Sterlo remains the best. Vossy is alright too when he's not trying to be funny.

ulcerate

Juniors
Matty Johns is a god in comparison to Jason Costigan, Daryl Halligan and Stephen McIvor.

Being from New Zealand, I am forced to listed to these 3 incompetent douches for every Warriors home game and every Kiwis game (home or away). It literally ruins the games.

I assume in Aus you would get the Australian commentators for the games played in NZ?

Rabs, Sterlo & Gus Gould combine for the best team IMO.

_Johnsy

Referee
I have been watching/listening to footy for more than 30 years and Wilko is the best I have heard.

Dazraider

Juniors
As far as TV commentators go, pete, you are bang on the money. Voss I think would come in third. The others all have bias's or trot out cliches and really have no idea. Gould is great with his opinions, but at times he's a long way short of what's going on in the real world.

As stated above, the blokes who have been on ABC, Ryan, Morrow and Wilko are a thousand miles ahead of anything. Objective, good constructive ideas about the game, respect for the game and the fans... just good commentators. If those three were in a commentary box, the difference would be tremendous. Maybe though that's the radio difference, as you have to describe the flow of play so you have less time to sit there and sift through rubbish like the TV commentators do, the media is completely different so I guess the broadcast styles are also completely different and favourable to radio commentators.

This has to be a gee up, those guys are the most boring commentators ive ever heard and it takes them so long to go around the grounds for score updates, they get players names wrong they call trys when its a no try and keep getting things muddled up every single week, its so painfull listening to these guys on the radio and especially when you can only tune into their station cause fo reception.
please never never never have these guys above anyone else that commentates the footy, Pearce,Ikin,Daley,Alexander all suck but are more interesting then those guys.

Scottey

Juniors
Matty Johns is a god in comparison to Jason Costigan, Daryl Halligan and Stephen McIvor.

Being from New Zealand, I am forced to listed to these 3 incompetent douches for every Warriors home game and every Kiwis game (home or away). It literally ruins the games.

I assume in Aus you would get the Australian commentators for the games played in NZ?

Rabs, Sterlo & Gus Gould combine for the best team IMO.

Suffered from the same problem.
Solution: Season Tickets.

Sterlo's the best.

Wayne Pearce... "those big Warriors forwards look fatigued! their size means their lateral movement is so bad they can't make a tackle"... f**k off, our pack is no bigger than any other. Took a season and a half for him to realise that Manu Vatuvei is actually a pretty darn good player.

lucablight

First Grade
This has to be a gee up, those guys are the most boring commentators ive ever heard and it takes them so long to go around the grounds for score updates, they get players names wrong they call trys when its a no try and keep getting things muddled up every single week, its so painfull listening to these guys on the radio and especially when you can only tune into their station cause fo reception.
please never never never have these guys above anyone else that commentates the footy, Pearce,Ikin,Daley,Alexander all suck but are more interesting then those guys.

Warren Ryan and David Morrow are awesome.

CJG 182

Juniors
Wayne Pearce may be annoying having no changed his concept of the Warriors since 2000-2002.

But as long as we have to put up with the entire fox sports kiwi calling team, it's only fair you get stuck with Pearce.

At least there's only one of him.

TeamSatan

Juniors
Gary Freeman.... best womens hockey caller ever ( because whatever he's talking about sure isn't rugby league)

Sterlo's the best .

Latest posts