What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Keating awaits green light

EelDredd

Juniors
MATT Keating will need to survive a final tackling session today before he gets the green light to wear the Eels' No. 9 jumper against Penrith tomorrow night.

Keating met with a neurosurgeon yesterday who cleared him of a serious neck injury, which forced him from the field on on Monday night.

Should Keating be a late scratching, Eels officials are toying with the idea of bringing in Toyota Cup back-rower Pat O'Hanlon, and former Bulldogs bad boy Lee Te Maari could be in the mix for a debut.

"We've only got ballwork tomorrow, but I'll do some tackling and test out the neck," Keating said.

"If I'm fine I'll play, if I've got some niggles I'll have to go back to the doctor."

Keating was patted by younger brother Kris as he was stretchered from the field during the Cowboys clash, but said he was concussed and thought it was Luke Burt who approached him.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/matt-keating-awaits-green-light/story-e6frexnr-1225892385666

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
If Benny is out then Te Mari would be a good replacement.

Humble or Mitchell for the rake spot, unless he's doing a massive re-shuffle.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I could see how Te Maari could be a replacement.

Robson > Hooker

Mateo > 5/8

Te Maari > Lock

Or even Keating in to 5/8, with Mateo shifting to 5/8 when Keating moves to dummyhalf.

I'm not saying it's the best possible replacement, but I can see how it'd work in theory.

Kornstar

Coach
FFS!!!!! Mitchell was best on field on Monday night, why the f*ck would he bring Te Mari in when we are down a hooker???????

Eelementary

Post Whore
FFS!!!!! Mitchell was best on field on Monday night, why the f*ck would he bring Te Mari in when we are down a hooker???????

Might be more to it than that - Ben Smith and Jeff Robson both completed the game, but they were clearly in pain. Maybe Ben will miss this game, and Anderson is comfortable enough to leave KK at hooker for 80 minutes?

Kornstar

Coach
Might be more to it than that - Ben Smith and Jeff Robson both completed the game, but they were clearly in pain. Maybe Ben will miss this game, and Anderson is comfortable enough to leave KK at hooker for 80 minutes?

Maybe the coach don't bother to go to see Wenty and he relies on the coaching staff to tell him how he is going and they are not passing n correct information?

If he has only played half as good all year as he did on Monday he would still deserve a spot in the first grade team!!!!!

I wonder what DA sees in Mortimer but not in Mitchell???

Nothing against Mortimer but Mitchell has 10 times the talent......

EelDredd

Juniors
Rumors are saying that Matt won't be playing and that kris keating will be hooker while Lee Te Maari takes his bench spot and Pat O'Hanlon is on standby for Ben smith while robson is certain to start

Last edited:

Latest posts