What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt King

hrundi99

First Grade
Last night's game and the Footy Show story that was just on.

Champion player. Champion bloke.

:clap:

BWNB

First Grade
i was going to post somthing on him good on him
wish him well for the rest of his life.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
They don't need him, they have Ryan McGoldrick :lol:

Matt King's a champion, doesn't just expect to be picked like another centre who will remain nameless. Awesome player and an awesome bloke, really deserves his spot in Origin.

Ozzwald

Juniors
Where'd you get this pic of the young Steve Rogers tiburon? Did you scan an old footy card?

as much as i hate nsw, i love matty king, hes a former norths devil and never took his spot for granted even at norths.

Ozzwald

Juniors
Thanks tiburon......I have just spent that last hour or so on that site. What a great site it is too! Awesome Cronulla history.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he was great in SOO 2

I think he'll be a rep player for some time to come

The Colonel

Immortal
You have to like a bloke who plays footy because he loves it. Good to see Chris King on the telly again as well.

woodgers said:
I missed the story on him. Can someone give me the low down?
They went through his story on how he got to play in State of Origin from working as a garbage man three years ago. He left for Melbourne and sought out Matt Orford for a place to stay while he looked for a job here. Orford gave him tickets to Storm games, also met up with Willie Leyshon whom he played with at North Sydney. He felt like he can still play so he went back to Sydney to play with Cronulla but never got passed PL. Got picked up by Storm scout, sent to Brisbane, picked up by Storm in late 2003 and never looked back. They also talked to his brother Chris after the game.

Matty didn't stop smiling all interview long and he said he could die tomorrrow as the happiest man on the planet. It was a very positive piece on a really, really happy guy. You can't overstate his happiness in the interview.

shadow grinder

First Grade
really liked his loyalty when he said...he thought he would repay the club that was willing to give him a go by re-signing...awesome bloke.

Latest posts