What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Utai

Parraren

Bench
damo72, Dykes has a contract with us until the end of next season but I think you'll find he'll be given the option to shop around for next year and will more than likely take up the offer. It will be interesting to see what happens with Lyon as well because if we do eventually release both Dykes & Lyon we'll be looking at around $600,000 extra to spend for next year.

Pazza

First Grade
I wouldnt mind seeing Vaealiki and Vella leaving, that would along with Dykes and Lyon free up near a million dollars.

Parraren

Bench
It's funny Pazza, but I've been thinking the exact same thing this week.

My list of players to release would be:

1. Dykes ($300K)
2. Lyon (unless he truely want to come back and his heart is 100% in it) ($275K)
3. Wagon or Vella ($230K)
4. Vaealiki ($200K)

That's potentially just over a cool million to spend that we could completely rebuild our side on in one foul swoop. We could even go after Lote Tuqiri for f@cks sake! :shock: I know, now i'm dreaming. But seriously, thats how you run a business, you make the hard decisions and when things aren't working heads roll.

The dream signing hitlist would contain:

1. Lote Tuqiri
2. Mark Riddell
3. Glenn Morrison
4. Daniel Abraham
5. Frank Pritchard
6. Matt Utai

It's nice to dream sometimes.... :p

Pazza

First Grade
They havent managed the Salary cap very well have they.

I think a combination of Youth, a top class player and a new coach would be a huge step in the right direction.

Signing Dykes for $300000 was a joke, he is making more that some established rep players.

WA Eel

Juniors
We'd never get Tuquiri, he's being paid too much. I remember seeing an artical on Matt Rogers and it quoted Rogers as being on ~$500k and Tuquiri as being on ~$600k. It's strange that just a few years ago, we were buying union players at will. How things have changed.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I want to see the following backline for Parra

1. Lote Tuqiri
2. Matt Petersen
3. Clinton Toopi
4. Matt King
5. Matt Utai

Just imagine the hairstyle battles then throw in T.Puletua, J.Gauvao, Reynoldson and Hindmarsh in the forwards :lol:

Hurriflatch

Referee
At the time Dykes was the DAlly M 5/8 of the year, City 5/8 and pushing for NSW honours.

I'm not defending signing Dykes but at the time he was problably worth about 200,000-300,000

Parraren

Bench
Yeah I don't realistically think we'd ever get or even go after Tuqiri. I was just dreaming.

You have to admit though, we have some seriously overpaid duds at our club that are just holding us back.

Earl

Coach
Phil Graham would be a good target, can't get a 1st grade spot in a struggling Canberra backline.

And Mark Riddell was today given permission to test the open market prior to the June 30 deadline.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Both Riddell and Kite were

Sharks and you guessed it Roosters have been linked with "Adolf" Riddell while Kite has been linked to Manly

Pazza

First Grade
looks like the Roosters have alot of money to spend seeing that Fittler and Ricketson wont be playing next seson.

Pazza

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
At the time Dykes was the DAlly M 5/8 of the year, City 5/8 and pushing for NSW honours.

I'm not defending signing Dykes but at the time he was problably worth about 200,000-300,000

While Vella (10 games for NSW 1999-2002, five Tests 1999-2001, World Cup 2000, Kangaroo tour 2001) and Lyon (Five games for NSW 2002-03, five Tests 2001-03, Kangaroo tour 2001, Country Origin 2003) are being paid less than Dykes.

Eelectrica

Referee
For Sale: 1 slightly used Adam Dykes, Always plays with passion and pride, won't let anybody down. Ideal replacement for a soon to be retired 5/8th
For enquires please contact Brian or Dennis. ;-)

Misty Bee

First Grade
If we have a mil to spend, I'd like to thinkwe can do better with a non rep level winger. Utai is good, but in comparison to bargain basement Grothe?

If Dykes goes, we would need to boost the 3/4s. Utai may be a good buy, but unless we can snare a rep class centre, forget it.

As for halves, I think we are covered.

Latest posts