What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Elliott Disappreciation Society

When will he go?

• He'll be shafted by the halfway mark to the season.

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • He'll see out the season but not re-signed.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • He'll be re-signed for 3 years by Mick Leary in July.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • I don't care, I'm just stoked he's no longer at Canberra!

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

Bulldog Force

Referee
You are all way to hard on Elliott he just did not have the resources during his time at the club.The leagues slashed the funding to the football club.The junior league was running on the scent of a oily rag.He never had the funds to go and buy top line players
The only reason i felt it was time for him to go was because i feel no coach should stay longer than 5 years
Valid points, however, may I suggest that you follow up every fullstop (.) or comma (,) with a space? Cheers :D

Panfas

Juniors
Is Matthew Elliott the best person to coach the Warriors? No I dont think so. However, is Matthew Elliot the best person to coach the Warriors that is currently available to coach next year? Yes I do think so. Really who would you choose?

Matthew Elliott
Stephen Kearney
David Kidwell

Out of those, Matthew Elliott is the clear winner in terms of perceived coaching ability, he has been a first grade coach for 10+ years. Kearney has had a horrendous stint at Parramatta and Kidwell is un-tested.

Will he succeed? Im not so sure, it appears most of the fans and some players dont want him there. Elijah Taylor has come out to say he wants Iro to coach (very similar to what the Penrith players said about SG) while both Cooper Vuna and James Maloney have said publically they are against it.

Only time will tell, and he may well succeed if he has the money to fund his wild and unorthodox practices. Best of luck I say, he will need it

Doomednow

Bench
Its already a disaster. I can't see how they are going to pull together after all the crap they were talking. Players should have kept their mouth shut. I feel bad for Elliot but really he would do well to stop considering himself a coach and try something else in the game.

Or maybe he's learned from his mistakes.

Will be interesting to watch either way.

franklin2323

Immortal
You are all way to hard on Elliott he just did not have the resources during his time at the club.The leagues slashed the funding to the football club.The junior league was running on the scent of a oily rag.He never had the funds to go and buy top line players
The only reason i felt it was time for him to go was because i feel no coach should stay longer than 5 years
I agree. I am Glad his gone. Even more glad that management has gone!

Panfas

Juniors
Looks like it is going to be a long season for the Warriors, if ME is bringing out his favourite line this early. How many times have we heard this when he was with us

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...anthers-my-fault--elliott-20130216-2ejw1.html

HAMILTON: Warriors coach Matthew Elliott took the blame for the team's loss to Penrith in Hamilton on Saturday.
It is the second trial game in a row lost by the Warriors, following their 42-24 defeat to Gold Coast last weekend. Technically, it is 10 games in a row they have lost.
But the big difference from the previous trial was that Elliott brought back most of his experienced campaigners for Saturday's fixture in front of 12,000 spectators at Waikato Stadium. While Elliott felt the players stayed to the structure he asked of them, he conceded his game plan was wrong.
''Honestly, I am a little disappointed, but I am equally disappointed in myself,'' Elliott said. ''I looked at some of the structural stuff we asked the players to abide by and I think it got in the way of our fluency.

''It is really easy to address and the guys were really good, they were trying to comply with it, but it just hindered us. It was a good learning lesson for us, but on the other side of that, there were some individuals that really put their hand up and said they wanted to play first grade and there were a couple that need to show us that next week [against Brisbane in Dunedin].''

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Yes laughed my head off when I heard that old familiar Elliott line about blaming himself for the loss.

The big Warrior blokes will certainly love his optional training sessions, they are going to be the most unfit team in the comp. Parra wont be last it will be the Warriors for sure.

New voting option should be "I dont care I am just glad he is not at the Panthers anymore lol".

Big Mick

Referee
Maybe so...but how many finals games has Matt Elliot won in his NRL career...

Last edited:

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
I laughed went I read that article on Sunday. So it was no surprise to see this thread get resurrected. I wonder if ME will keep picking the same under performing players week after week like he did for us.

soc123_au

Staff member
I can see Bill Tupou being the cuzzy bro version of Purts. Hopefully for the Kiwis sake he doesn't stifle Shaun Johnson. Structure lol.

mxlegend99

Referee
2/5 isnt even that horrible for such an early sacking. He did worse with us then he has the Warriors IMO.

Latest posts