What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Johns Face to Face

Perth Red

Post Whore
What's peoples thoughts on this? Seems to me to be just a cheap filler program. MJ is not a great interviewer and the last two weeks has been the Storm GM talking about Union and some jockey talking about horse racing. On a RL show!!

Scott

Bench
I enjoy it. It's something different. I actually enjoyed the Frank Ponissi one. He's had quite the journey.

I thought he got off to a poor start with the Vlandys one but since then it’s been ok enough.

Strangely the one I enjoyed the most was Ray Hadley. Jimmy Graham too.

A bit unsure why he’s not got more Rugby League folk involved though, there’s so many who’d have great stories to tell... and not the typical boofheads telling stories of GF wins... eg guys like players with a mind blowing backstory like Russell Packer, coaches in colourful eras like Roy Masters, a refs perfective such as Bill Harrigan/Mick Stone, even John Ribot - that’s be one I’d be glued to...

why he’s gone for folk outside league - maybe trying to become a future “Andrew Denton of sport”.. ?

He’s got a long way to go if that’s the angle.. but there is a niche there that has yet to be nailed down by anyone..

Mark B

Juniors
Not quite Face to Face, but last nights Late night with Matty’s Johns was loose big time. Did not mind Mary MacGregor as the guest but Fletch’s little skit about a clean sweep was awful. The dude is pretty amusing, but the clean sweep skit was cringe on a lot of levels.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not quite Face to Face, but last nights Late night with Matty’s Johns was loose big time. Did not mind Mary MacGregor as the guest but Fletch’s little skit about a clean sweep was awful. The dude is pretty amusing, but the clean sweep skit was cringe on a lot of levels.
This show would be much better if they made it an adults only show and put it on at 10pm on Friday or staurday night! The big kids could then be let loose.

Latest posts