What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Johns wants to change the interchange rule

newman

First Grade
Matty Johns just needs to shut up. I'm sick of him and his dopey head constantly on TV and radio. He sucks. He was an average player and is a shit, group sex loving, low human being.

perverse

Referee
Matty Johns just needs to shut up. I'm sick of him and his dopey head constantly on TV and radio. He sucks. He was an average player and is a shit, group sex loving, low human being.
I don't see much wrong with the bold between consensual adults.

MrAnonymous

Bench

Low human because he had Group sex?

That makes him a champ in my eyes.

Bronco Rob

Juniors
Coming from a guy who screamed "bring back the biff" for 10 years. Then he came out,,,,,,,,, and told everyone how wrong he was.
There really was not that much wrong with the new rule changes or the game. One accident and everyone wants to change the fabric of the code even further.

To be fair to Matty and Tallis they both have been advocates for changes to the interchange system for years, it's not just a reactionary comment from the latest incident.

I wonder if a hybrid of the 2 ideas has merit, 2 interchanges that are limted and 2 that are unlimited to cover the medical concerns element?

But anything that has the ability to make the game less structured has my tick of approval.

magpie4ever

First Grade

C'mon dude, say what you really think, stop beating around the bush. Hmm, than again maybe you should before you get arrested.:lol:

BranVan3000

Coach
Then don't bother with it, shits me that people do this whole I won't support this paper so wont click on the article etc, but insist on reading the article and want others to post the whole thing for them so they can discuss it.

Funny thing is I bet if I looked hard enough I could probably find many of these same people refusing to click on links, using links to the same paper/site when it suits their agenda.

No I don't believe in a subscription model for online news. It's backwards and I won't do it

Desert Qlder

First Grade
A reduction to eight, from the current ten, would be a nice start.

What Johns proposes is far too radical and would have too many unknown consequences. Something we have seen too much of over recent years.

Feej

First Grade
I don't know how he has a gig in the media

This guy says 'hi'...

Mark+Gasnier+NRL+Grand+Final+Breakfast+Mqoye0pLq14l.jpg

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Id rather see a new rule with an unlimited number of players allowed on the bench but only 6 or 8 interchanges allowed per game...

Therefore if, for example, someone like Ben Barba or Chris Sandow was having a shitty game there would be a replaceement ready and waiting every game. No need to give up 1 of 4 bench spots to a utility player in the off chance someone is injured or just playing badly.

Plus, it would entirely transform the sideline culture we have at game; at the moment there are 4 blokes sitting around waiting to get on, but if this was implemented we would see 10 guys (most knowing they probably wont get game time) with nothing to do but stir up the crowd and cheer on their teammates.

Just think of the NFL, a lot of the most entertaining stuff happens on the sidelines, because we are actually seeing the players personalities as they pump each other up...

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
6 reserves you can only use once might be a bridge too far but reducing the interchanges from 10 to 8 might be okay- plus say 1 sub- teams carry a 18th man to cover for any injury in the warm up then this player can be the sub for instances where a player is not able to return to the field- they are subbed out by the 18th player.

Last edited: