What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Johns

Noa

First Grade
<DIV id=page class="night-week-section clearfloat">

It's time to welcome Johns back

By Craig Bellamy | October 10, 2009 11:01pm

TO a man they shook Matthew Johns' hand. It was just three days before the grand final and he was a surprise arrival to training at Leichhardt Oval. Every one of the Melbourne Storm players stopped what they were doing. I did, too. It was the first time we had seen Matty and his young son Cooper since May.
I've been in contact with Matty a few times on the phone, but for his own reasons, he's virtually kept his distance.
There have been days where he wouldn't answer his phone. Days where he only replied by text.

It's a shame, but I understand. It's a shame because you only had to be there last week to witness the respect he has for both the players and the game.
He loves it. He watched the entire session from the grandstand and hung around with Cooper, who just wanted to speak to his idol Billy Slater.
He chatted with the boys. They all appreciated him being there.
While Billy happily kicked the footy with Cooper, I had a chat to Matty. He looked fit and tanned and I was relieved he looked so healthy.
We got talking and I asked him where he would be sitting to watch the grand final.
He said he wasn't going to the game and would be watching it on TV at home.
At that moment it hit me. I realised then that as a game, as a code, it is time to welcome Matty back to rugby league.
Matthew Johns is one of the most passionate people I have met in our game.
He might be out of the spotlight, away from the cameras, but I can tell you he's just as loyal to the game.
I actually found it difficult to celebrate our grand final win last Sunday without Matty alongside us. He is a huge part of Melbourne Storm's success.
And it's Matty's love of the game and his passion for the players that we need as we fight rival codes for TV rights, sponsorship and membership numbers.
I know everyone has their own opinion on Matty, but this is mine. And I reckon more than a few people would think the same as me.
Because different people pay different prices for their mistakes.
Over the years, we have seen plenty of people from rugby league and other codes and sports make mistakes and they have been welcomed back to the game at some stage.
I believe it is time we all moved forward and welcomed Matty back.
His contribution to our game in the past, in so many areas, has been immense. He's a character we can't afford to lose.
Let's give him the chance to contribute again because everybody deserves a second chance.
It would be a decision we wouldn't regret.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,26191668-5016365,00.html

thuggdogg

Juniors
Simply put.

If Matt Johns throws tha dog a bone that didnt want da bone he would be in the kennel.

Tha kennel with no key. Big house. Pinks Funhouse.

Just a ho doing ho stuff milking it for a bit of green

Apey

Staff member
I feel sorry for him that he wasn't able to be more a part of the Storms' celebrations tbh.

Perth Red

Post Whore
soon I hope. Can't believe they booted him for nothing illegal yet are quite happy to have his druggy brother on the box!

OVP

Coach
you lot are missing the point

its not cos it was a gangbang. its cos it wasnt consensual. are you saying you stick up for a guy who lets other blokes rape a girl?

good on you all

Are you seriously trying to say that a gangbang is rape ? If so, then I am afraid you are very wrong.