What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Max- origin may have destroyed him

derekmc

Juniors
Don't want to put the boots in, but since his origin debut, max has been terrible, lost all confidence , hasn't been able to find the line and his reading of defence has been below Reggie's standard. Last week against manly he looked like a lost player not a seasoned first grader.
If this continues next year, might be time to say bye bye Max, score one try to get record then go and play with bears to pick your game up.

Lets hope he starts next year like this year at least next year there will be no calls for him to wear the blue jumper.

Can't help think what might have been if Madge made the big call a month ago and brought Kingy in for Max.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Hmm i can somewhat agree with you, but part of me thinks that we haven't 'seen his best' is because Dylan Farrell took the right side winger position when Beau Champion was injured.

Before this happened, Merritt and Champion were on the right side, and Goodwin and Walker/Farrell were on the left.

Had Champion not been injured Merritt would have plenty more tries, seeing as Farrell scored around 6/7 during the time he was in since Round 15.

He is getting old, but surely Merritt still has a good year or two left in him.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Hmm i can somewhat agree with you, but part of me thinks that we haven't 'seen his best' is because Dylan Farrell took the right side winger position when Beau Champion was injured.

Before this happened, Merritt and Champion were on the right side, and Goodwin and Walker/Farrell were on the left.

Had Champion not been injured Merritt would have plenty more tries, seeing as Farrell scored around 6/7 during the time he was in since Round 15.

He is getting old, but surely Merritt still has a good year or two left in him.

Not sure why if a centre gets injured, you replace the winger as well..

Doesn't make sense..

Big Sam

First Grade
It wasn't SOO. He had a poor year in general by his standards.

I was quite surprised last night that he was nominated for Winger of the Year.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Not sure why if a centre gets injured, you replace the winger as well..

Doesn't make sense..

Champion got injured, who was replaced by Walker. Everingham went to reggies so Farrell replaced him but can only play on the right side Goodwin went to centre and Merritt moved to the left wing.

Big Sam

First Grade
Champion got injured, who was replaced by Walker. Everingham went to reggies so Farrell replaced him but can only play on the right side Goodwin went to centre and Merritt moved to the left wing.

Max played on the left for all of the year. Which is why he struggled against QLD on the right.

Big Sam

First Grade
Well then, i have no excuses. Just always thought he looked better on the right.

I've had a look through some Youtube videos and it seems he was on the left with Taylor then moved to the right/fullback with Lang, and now he's back to the left.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Yeah exactly i noticed that too. Just thought he was always more comfortable on the right, but was fine with moving to the left. On the right he had/has a good combo with Champion.

Latest posts