What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

May gone for the season.

snickers007

Juniors
Calling it now, I reckon Tiny has played his last game in Panthers colours.
I know he's contracted next season, but I think he'll be moved on.

Tito and Jenkins are both NRL ready now.
McLean is a freak and is probably 6-7 weeks of Cup away from being ready.
Cole will be ready next season.

Black Panther

Juniors
This has to be the play, it can slot an other new guy in at centre, someone like turuva, and have tago and to"o together, no point keeping critta in the centres if he is going elsewhere next season
Turuva would be exposed badly on the Wing I think. As someone has said before, round 1 versus Brisbane that will more than likely have Cobbo and Oates seems a very unlikely match up in our favour.

Critta on the Wing works for me.

Pomoz

Bench
I got a chance to see that tackle. It wasn't that bad, just unfortunate. You could do that tackle ten more times, nothing happens.

The injury is exactly why I support the players to get as large a share of the NRL revenue as possible. I also support the RLPA putting funds to one side so the players have insurance for medical cover when they retire. If you give the money to the players most of them will waste it. It's like Superannuation. Without compulsory deductions from wages most people would retire with nothing.

With any luck, Taylan could be back by mid-October.

MugaB

Coach
I got a chance to see that tackle. It wasn't that bad, just unfortunate. You could do that tackle ten more times, nothing happens.

The injury is exactly why I support the players to get as large a share of the NRL revenue as possible. I also support the RLPA putting funds to one side so the players have insurance for medical cover when they retire. If you give the money to the players most of them will waste it. It's like Superannuation. Without compulsory deductions from wages most people would retire with nothing.

With any luck, Taylan could be back by mid-October.
I reckon comes back 2nd week of sept, serves his 2 weeks, then plays the GF.. sorted

Hooked

Juniors
Calling it now, I reckon Tiny has played his last game in Panthers colours.
I know he's contracted next season, but I think he'll be moved on.

Tito and Jenkins are both NRL ready now.
McLean is a freak and is probably 6-7 weeks of Cup away from being ready.
Cole will be ready next season.

Interesting perspective.

Munky

Coach
Interesting perspective.

Staines went from future superstar in 2020 to listed on Gumtree in 2022.

May now has a compromised knee. He might come back just as good but if a fully fit winger comes in and performs at May's level it's easy decision to make.

maple_69

Bench
Agree this could easily be it for May. If McLean/Turuva/Jenkins/Cole get a good run and prove themselves, it makes sense to move May on a year early and stick with kids that will be on cheap deals for a few years.

This year
Edwards, Turuva, Critta, Jenkins, To'o, Luai, Cleary, Leota, Kenny, Fish, Hosking, Martin, Yeo, Luke, Tago, Leniu, Sorenson.

If Turuva is found out, you try McLean or moving Jenkins/Critta to wing.
If Jenkins isn't working, you try Cole or Turuva at centre. Or get Tago back to centre and Garner/Peach comes onto the bench.

Next year:
Edwards, Turuva/McLean, Cole/Turuva, Jenkins, To'o, Luai, Cleary, Leota, Kenny, Fish, Hosking, Martin, Yeo, Luke, Tago, L.Smith, Henry

Assumes Sorenson needs to take his payday elsewhere from next year also.

Someone2

Juniors
you shouldn’t be able to serve a suspension while injured so his suspension should be post phoned till 2024

Luke Bowden

First Grade
you shouldn’t be able to serve a suspension while injured so his suspension should be post phoned till 2024

how on earth would that work, clubs would just not mention the injury until after the suspension had been served.

Clubs aren’t required to announce injuries.

Latest posts