What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McFadden

Blair

Coach
...It will be good if he can make a strong statement right off the bat with dropping a number of players.

And then those same players will go to work on dropping him? I can't help but think this is how it works at this football club.

WellsNZ

Juniors
And then those same players will go to work on dropping him? I can't help but think this is how it works at this football club.

At most other places, that's when those players would find themselves looking for a new home, but not at the Warriors evidently.

Now this poor bloke has the task of coaching this group in an interim position. Take a harder line and risk upsetting "the boys" and they'll turn on you and put a nice ugly blemish on your coaching career, let them continue in their ways and they'll still probably make you look bad anyway. McFadden should just buy them all PS4s and cross his fingers.

Until they install a coach that has a long term plan that the club is willing to commit to, they won't go anywhere. Some good "talent" will probably get the chop in the process, but it's what will be necessary.

MKEB...

Staff member
I would really like to see McFadden given a fair go. If we do make the 8, do you see Scurrah extending his contract? One would hope so...rather risk having another coach and possible fallout.

ek999

First Grade
All I have to say is that I hope they have a camera on his coaches box for the whole match this weekend. He will make Hasler and Bellamy look quite tame in comparison from what I have heard about him

Blair

Coach
All I have to say is that I hope they have a camera on his coaches box for the whole match this weekend. He will make Hasler and Bellamy look quite tame in comparison from what I have heard about him

They'll have to point the camera at him because who else is turning up to watch this pony show?

Iafeta

Referee

That's good. I liked his interview.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
So, Elliots history,, wonder if John Ackland will put his hand up....

He already put his hand up for a job he is not suitable for alredy lol.

Isnt he CEO of Auckland Rugby League.
He probably cant even use an iphone lol.

ARL and NZRL are lucky they dont garner media attention.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
At most other places, that's when those players would find themselves looking for a new home, but not at the Warriors evidently.

Now this poor bloke has the task of coaching this group in an interim position. Take a harder line and risk upsetting "the boys" and they'll turn on you and put a nice ugly blemish on your coaching career, let them continue in their ways and they'll still probably make you look bad anyway. McFadden should just buy them all PS4s and cross his fingers.

Until they install a coach that has a long term plan that the club is willing to commit to, they won't go anywhere. Some good "talent" will probably get the chop in the process, but it's what will be necessary.

How they hell do they get rid of player 5 games in?
Not possible

Not even the eels did until later in the year.

Players will pay the price....many will get pushed on/aka cut fromt he team.

Players will get dropped, some will get pushed to other clubs etc.
Some dropped to NSW cup.

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
Love how you seem to want to label various posters idiots all of a sudden? Seriously need to get over yourself.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Love how you seem to want to label various posters idiots all of a sudden? Seriously need to get over yourself.

Just whilst working drove around with radio sport and listened to so many experts.
Including the radio hosts that drove me CRAZY. Radio sport nights guy is the worst.

Funny thing as that many of those clueless hosts are ghost posters on here clearly.
So hopefully they are reading to some of my posts.

People saying when do the players get held accountable
Well half of NZ have the knives out for the Warriors players - pressure is all on them.

They have proven their ruthlessness they pushed out Packer and other fringe players.
Im sure they will do the same later this year.

Iafeta

Referee
And I think another thing the arm chair critics forget is for some reason we ALWAYS start terribly. I don't know why. 2 and 3 by our standards is probably not that bad. I just think its the manner of the losses.

Drop Fatty Martel, how the f**k we let him get away with being so fat is unforgivable, that would be a good start, then start on the other princesses that need a kick in the arse

WellsNZ

Juniors
How they hell do they get rid of player 5 games in?
Not possible

Not even the eels did until later in the year.

Players will pay the price....many will get pushed on/aka cut fromt he team.

Players will get dropped, some will get pushed to other clubs etc.
Some dropped to NSW cup.

How do they get rid of players 5 games in?

You're dropped, feel free to have your agent pursue future options for you.

Pretty easy.

This isn't a "5 games in" problem, this is a problem that extends much further than just this season.

vvvrulz

Coach
Drop Fatty Martel, how the f**k we let him get away with being so fat is unforgivable, that would be a good start, then start on the other princesses that need a kick in the arse

Not just him, Laumape and Hurrell all chugged down the pies instead of coming back trim and fit and ready to give 80 minutes.

I don't think McFadden will put up with any of that, Elliott was perhaps too nice a guy.

spear tackle

Juniors
Today's team will be interesting.

Yes it will apart from last weekends reserve grade game I havent seen a lot of players putting their hands up for a top side spot and I'm not sure we want to see some poor U20's player used as speed bumps and having their reputations and confidence torn to ribbons either.