What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McGuire likely to miss TriNations

Nook

Bench
Another blow for the poor old Pommies

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=rleague/05/10/17/RUGBYL_Britain.html

They are now missing two of their best in Schulthorpe and McGuire, as well as a variety of others. Will be hard to take given their lack of depth in the halves.

This virtually ensures that Harris will be at 5/8, outside Deacon/Burrow/Horne - again, the halves combination looks like being a big weakness. Along with Sinfield all of these guys are decent footballers but its doubtful whether they are good enough to make any sort of impact internationally.

With the Kiwis and GB significantly understrength, Australia should win this easily. Saturday night was encouraging but its going to be a tough ask for NZ and the Poms.

Charge

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
Is Keith Senior injured? I'm sure he wasn't playing in the final.

Knee injury. To be honest I think GB may be missing more than NZ now...

We'll still win it though :p

Charge

Juniors
Still quite a few options to play with:

6. Sinfield / Horne / Harris
7. Horne / Brough / Deacon / Orr

I'd go for the Hull combo of:

6. Horne
7. Brough

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Wasnt there one year where GB were missing half there players and were given no chance against Australia, but ended up winning one of the games. If they did it back then, then surely they can do it this year. I saw the GF there's a few players I'd like to see in the Tri Nations.

Phillips

Referee
Sean O'Loughlin & Kris Radlinski are also out...

i'd go

6. Sinfield or Harris
7. Deacon

screeny

Bench
Harris has had a full season under his belt, unlike last year when Noble threw him in fresh from his RU ordeal.

Horne is our best half in my opinion, and like Charge said, we'll win it! If the Kiwis do for the Aussies on Friday, I'm sure of it!!!!

ozboy

Juniors
GB had no chance in the first place.

I would experiment and give some youngsters a go ahead of the 2008 WC, because the likes of Deacon and Harris ain't going to be doing much damage this year let alone 2008.