What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mckinnon Shot

SharkShocked

Bench
Was anyone else at least a little surprised not to see Mckinnon charged?

I thought he cocked his shoulder and lifted up to hit Degois, not to mention that the point of contact was his head.

Inferno

Coach
Not much worse than Gallen's high shot on Stagg IMO. Hit him high, but it was unintentional and with the shoulder. I'm happy for it to be let go.

SharkShocked

Bench
Nah i disagree, Gallen had his arms out and was attempting to tackle the bloke and he somewhat fell into it, Mckinnon lined him up from 10 metres out and was only ever attempting to knock the chicken out of the portugese terrior.

Thought it showed alot more intent, but thats just my opinion

Vossy

Bench
if that was gallen and not mackinnon, there would be uproar beyond belief..pity there is double standards..should of copped a week for it..cocked elbow..he jumped into it, kinda..

Frenzy.

Immortal
Bullshyte decision. It was premeditated and made contact with the head. I saw it the exactly the same as SharkShocked.

Inferno

Coach
Bullshyte decision. It was premeditated and made contact with the head. I saw it the exactly the same as SharkShocked.

The shoulder was premeditated or hitting him high was premeditated?

May be in the minority, but I'm happy for shots like that to be let go.

But the interesting thing is there is no doubt in my mind he probably would have gotten a week if De Gois had been injured...

spider

Coach
it will be used many times in many cases to come as a precedent

maybe if the player is stretchered off it will constitute a week perhaps...

Inferno

Coach
Except you can only use cases where someone was charged as a precedent:p

Sneaky judiciary f**kers.

Definitely something that needs to change ASAP, as well as the tackling defenders in mid air rule.

Latest posts