What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McKinnon

MrT

Juniors
Just want to say what a player Mckinnon has turned into.
I wouldn't have Hodgson infront of him. His hit on Pritchard
was courageous and awesome. He beats the first tackle 9/10.
We have our fullback position rapped up.

No joke this guy wouldn't be out of place in an Origin jersey.

Well done Wade!!!!!!

Avenger

Immortal
He has been our best back this year and he has been justly rewarded with a new 2 year contract. Well done Wade!!!

eelsta

Bench
good onyou wade seriously u wouldnt have hodgson back over him no chance oh and bad luck tigers /manly eels u cant have him :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
He's just magnificent and left egg on mine & Flatch's face :oops:

He's a guy who has developed so quickly that i'll go as farto say he'll be close to an SOO jersey next year!!.....he could be one now!

Hurriflatch

Referee
Very good game, but the last couple of weeks his has been shaky under the bomb. But he is developing very well.

Utey

Coach
The high bomb is his only weakness but his ability to clean up and break the first tackle has impressed me. I knew he would come to Parra with things to prove. Souths must be spewing.

strider

Post Whore
My "Wade should play SOO cos he is the form NSW fullback" post a few weeks back got torn down in flames. :mrgreen:

I agree 100% - he's a VERY reliable fullback who give his all - solid in attack and defense.

Minichello played well on Friday night - he'll keep his NSW spot - but Wade is still right there in contention in my mind.

The high bomb is his only weakness
I really disagree with this - he is solid under the bombs - no fullback will catch em all - he does as well as anyone.

WA Eel

Juniors
I don't think he'd be selected on the grounds that he's not a flashy player. The way he plays reminds me a lot of the way Schifcoske played for us. Solid, reliable and makes tackles.

Eddie.

Bench
i think it would be fair Hodgo and Mckinnon have been buys of the season for their respective clubs

he was outstanding tonight under pressure.

eelsta

Bench
Eddie. said:
i think it would be fair Hodgo and Mckinnon have been buys of the season for their respective clubs

he was outstanding tonight under pressure.
well said eddie

MrT

Juniors
It wouldn't be hard to be the buy of the season at the Tigers.
Hodgson is your highest paid player after all. Mckinnon is on
under 100k for sure. He may have got that much in his recent contract for next 2 years.

Go Wade

Misty Bee

First Grade
Ian Walsh used to reckon a good team needs a good fullback, half and hooker.

2 out of 3 aint bad!

Question - bar Scotty Mahon, has Parra had a better home grown fullback?

Hurriflatch

Referee
It's only been in the last two weeks that McKinnon has faulted under the bomb, before that he was quite solid.

It might just be a confidence thing with him.

I don't know what he was thinking when he allowed Penrith to get a 40/20 though.

McKinnon is still young and has re-signed for 2 more years so the couple of weaknesses in his game should be able to be worked out.

Unlike previous Eels' fullbacks (not that I'm naming names) MCKinnon doesn't have any glaring weaknesses in his game.

His defense is outstanding how many players let alone fullbacks would have even tried to smash Pritchard let along actually pulling it off ?????

Morenito

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
He's just magnificent and left egg on mine & Flatch's face :oops:

He's a guy who has developed so quickly that i'll go as farto say he'll be close to an SOO jersey next year!!.....he could be one now!
]

Left a bit of egg on my face too at the start of the season, I thought he'd be a good reserve grade fullback but buy of the season for sure!...what a hit on Pritchard

CrazyEel

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
WAsn't Danny Crkovich a home grown product??
Yes but Crankovitch was really a centre who was just shunted to fullback for awhile. Paul Taylor, parra junior, didn't have the attacking skills but he was the best defensive fullback weve had since Thornett.